Tarmac driveway repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tarmac drive, bordered by red brick to provide a decorative edging. Over time a gap has appeared between the brick and the tarmac.

I want to fill the gap with something to prevent water ingress. Is there a drive repair material which could be applied, ideally with a mastic gun?

I've seen a professional brush -on material - but it comes in 20litre pails, and wouldn't allow me to control where the stuff goes.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
if this was me i`d fill it with sand and cement mix, just pour water in the gap, mix up some dry sand and cement mix, three sand to one cement, then put the dry mix into the gaps and using a pointing tool, push into the gap, the other method to match up with the black tarmac is to use tar, you`ll have to source a lump of tar, try any guys using tarmac on the roads, downside is you`ll have to heat it up and pour it in the gaps again, having no control on where it goes, maybe go to your local concreate product place and see if they supply dye to mix in with compo, i had red coping stones made, by leckwith concreate products and all they did was add a red dye to the concreate, so maybe you can get a black dye to add to the sand and cement........

Sponsored Links
Hi Tryharder,

Have you found an economical solution to your driveway problem?

I supply DIY systems for jobs such as yours.

Contact me for details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back