Tax and Spend Tories - over 40s to pay more Tax

Sponsored Links
Well, you’ve certainly reinforced that 'norm' with your actions although you didn’t quite just 'walk on by'. You just sat there.

No pointing fingers but...

If you look around a hospital...you will see many posters pinned to wall with such information as,

Our staff will not put up with abuse, with a lady and a black eye made up of make up.

There young carer was too busy swiping left on a known dating website (thats how close i kept coming to her without humiliating the both of them and making a scene as to hint enough as something needed to be done).

With the attitude of mid 20s carer i felt if i were to say something it wouldnt of gone down well and young carer could end up looking like the posters they have everywhere.

What good will that do for me for trying to do the right thing

If you look around a hospital...you will see many posters pinned to wall with such information as,

Our staff will not put up with abuse, with a lady and a black eye made up of make up.

There young carer was too busy swiping left on a known dating website (thats how close i kept coming to her without humiliating the both of them and making a scene as to hint enough as something needed to be done).

With the attitude of mid 20s carer i felt if i were to say something it wouldnt of gone down well and young carer could end up looking like the posters they have everywhere.

So you object to the poster because it didn't actually have a picture of an abused woman.

So you walked by growling, but didn't say a word.

Sorry unless you lack manners and civility - it does not take much skill to politely ask can you be of assistance or ask what is going on.

Or ask another member of staff to intervene.

More likely it was you getting frustrated by the wait.

What were other patients doing in the open ward?

Sponsored Links
Wrong attitude.
Easily enough said mottie.

Try sitting there for two hours and seeing 600,000 worth of anual salary walk on by of professionally qualified caring people leave an old lady sat in her own s..t.

If it was a relative of yours im sure you would be abit more then unpleasantly un nerved.

I appreciate you feeling awkward but my experience in hospitals is that you have to stand firm. Staff are normally so busy that someone sitting quiet will get left alone no matter what state they are in, as has happened with what you witnessed.

If you're ever in that unfortunate situation again, get yourself heard for the poor patient.

Why overs 40s? makes no sense to me.

Surely it would be best to spread the cost of social care over the whole of somebodies working life not the second half.

The easiest option for the government would be to add it to the mandatory pensions schemes already in place. The government have cleverly absolved themselves from responsibility from pensions by forcing employers to collect it, I'm sure the govt would be happy to do the same for social care.

The next thing they will do is privatise all social care and make it some form of insurance based method.

Care homes are already private -now in the hands of big players whose motivation is to cream off profits for shareholders.

I appreciate you feeling awkward but my experience in hospitals is that you have to stand firm. Staff are normally so busy that someone sitting quiet will get left alone no matter what state they are in, as has happened with what you witnessed.

If you're ever in that unfortunate situation again, get yourself heard for the poor patient.

Possibly right.

As a patient who was also expecting care and in alot of discomfort it really shouldnt fall on a patient to ask someone to do THEIR job.

If you ever walk into a hospital again, have a closer look.

You will see one doing the majority of the work keeping things going whilst the majority are glued to there phones, sat on a chair gossiping.

Just so people know this is not made up.

Why should it fall on a patient with this injury to politley ask 600,000 worth of anual salary if one of them would not mind sparing 5 minutes of there working day and to clean old ladys bum.

I would of done it myself but as per pic, unable to do so.

That is why it was not my job

Attachments

• 20200727_112655.jpg
    20200727_112655.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 51
Just so people know this is not made up.

Why should it fall on a patient with this injury to politley ask 600,000 worth of anual salary if one of them would not mind sparing 5 minutes of there working day and to clean old ladys bum.

I would of done it myself but as per pic, unable to do so.

600k salary?

You really have some problems having to make or embellish an anecdote to put across a point that you don't like the NHS.

How do you know they were not doing their job? Do you have their Job description at hand.

Looks like you really have some issues - hope you get over them.

You will see one doing the majority of the work keeping things going whilst the majority are glued to there phones, sat on a chair gossiping
That's a rather sweeping generalisation and in my experience not true.

I don't want to be critical but you give the impression of having seen one incident and you've conflated that with the whole profession.

Is this a tax for over 40s thread? Or a sits n sh1ts thread?

If the former, my point would be that all those over 40s currently arranging to pay nominally very low headline income taxes won't even need to phone their accountant. It will be dealt with. Legally, sadly. A small subset of the PAYE taxpayers and others, will be left to pay a premium on their income which won't be nearly enough to solve the problem.

I would agree to disagree.

From personal experience and from talking with others. Apart from one hospital which is modern and up kept, the others are failing to even acheive a basic necessity of care for there patients.

I like the nhs however the management are not worth the money they are paid.

Possibly right.

As a patient who was also expecting care and in alot of discomfort it really shouldnt fall on a patient to ask someone to do THEIR job.

If you ever walk into a hospital again, have a closer look.

You will see one doing the majority of the work keeping things going whilst the majority are glued to there phones, sat on a chair gossiping.
My dad in law was in hospital for something else for 2 days, he was 87 at the time. When we arrived for our daily visit, he was out for the count and I noticed he was in pain, his body was convulsing every minute or so. I asked a nurse to come look and none were coming. After another 30 mins, I got quite firm, asked to see his notes, asked to see what he'd eaten/drunk and insisted to see a doctor. Turned out that he'd eaten/drunk nothing in the 24hrs or so prior. The food was put down for him but simply taken away untouched.
I still got ignored because my dad in law looked asleep, they'd left him like that all day. I then got very very cross and insisted someone look at him because I suspected dehydration and explained why. It was, they hooked him up on a drip and within 30 mins the convulsions/pain stopped. Sadly it was enough to bring on full-blown delirium and he ended up in hosp for another 3 weeks and living with us for another 2 and a half weeks for him to recover. He only went in for something relatively simple to sort.

People, when suspect something is wrong, no matter if a relative or not, need to speak up loud, I wish someone had looked out for my dad in law when we weren't there. That lady who was on her phone needed to be reported.

Sponsored Links
Back