Tax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss the whole system of Taxation in this country.

As it seems such a bug bear to everyone having to pay tax for this and that whether or not one may use this or that and the fact that some pay little or no tax, what if items had a token value system whereas the value of tax was calculated on items by their specific value to the use of that item. ie medical items and hospital stay would accrue a tax value, fuel would carry a certain value, etc etc etc these purchases would tally up on your card account and monthly you would be taxed on the items you would use.

Of course some would say that's unfair to those that cant help being ill.
or to those that couldnt afford medical care because of it.

but thats the problem with a capitalist system, some will be better off than others.

The only fair system would mean an equality system and thats not going to happen due to the greedy ones out there.

So whats the solution? Carry on business as usual? Have a revolution?
Wait till the oil runs out and then the problem of high fuel cost goes away?
Point i'm making is that there's no point in fussing over it as it has evolved into this situation over time and we are stuck with it.

A change now will only come back twice as bad when the books need to balance.

So its up to you, enjoy the fruits now and let your kids suffer in the future or tighten your belts now to protect their future.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Does America have a "welfare state" such that you get paid to look for jobs, as in this country?

The Yanks have a lot of things wrong (guns, thick police, gangs) but they also have a lot of things right. Their insurance based health service being one such thing. Without the NHS, taxes would half overnight, and insurance companies and Bupa would have a party. :cool:

Think about it - you'd think twice about running to the doctor for a sicknote for a broken fingernail or other waste of time "sickness" if you had to fill in the insurance docs for payment to the GP.

I haven't seen my doctor in over 8 years. I am proud of this fact - I rarely get ill, but I resent paying for other people's overuse of our bloated health service, especially smokers. Tax cigarettes to hell, then see where we stand.

Especially smokers, i agree, i'm a smoker, do not import tobacco, maybe i will have to give up (black market?) better still, imo, fat people,tax food even more. think of the saving again.

I agree the taxes have to be paid, it really winds me up because of the people in office, government, that they think they're worth more than everyone else, even when they make costly mistakes that we pay for.

I'm willing to do there job for half their pay.

The only way to cut taxes is to cut services.

80% of the NHS budget goes on the over 65s.

Sponsored Links
The only way to cut taxes is to cut services.

80% of the NHS budget goes on the over 65s.

Ok lets kill the 65+. :cry: (not long to go)
Then we could say babies cost x£, ok kill them. :cry:

I think there are other ways, what about taxing the £200 fuel allowance, why does the rich man get £200 which is worth about £300 plus in real terms.
Then the old man out of work on income support get £200 which is only £200 to them

The money raised by taxation does not go back to the source it comes from (does that make sense) ie road tax doesn't go towards roads, instead the money goes into a central fund and then it is dished out until it has been spent. The amount of waste that the government has is incredible.

I used to work for a leading office supply company and we had an order in from a division of the army and basically they needed to spend about £10 k before the month end, I told him that the volume of furniture and desks was unlikely to be delivered until 6/8 weeks and he said I don't really care if it's not delivered at all I have this amount left in my supply budget and if I don't spend it now I will get a smaller budget next year.
Nice to know your money is being spent wisely . :eek:

The money raised by taxation does not go back to the source it comes from (does that make sense) ie road tax doesn't go towards roads, instead the money goes into a central fund and then it is dished out until it has been spent. The amount of waste that the government has is incredible.

I used to work for a leading office supply company and we had an order in from a division of the army and basically they needed to spend about £10 k before the month end, I told him that the volume of furniture and desks was unlikely to be delivered until 6/8 weeks and he said I don't really care if it's not delivered at all I have this amount left in my supply budget and if I don't spend it now I will get a smaller budget next year.
Nice to know your money is being spent wisely . :eek:

exactly the same with the councils, my cousin is a high ranking member of the local bods and she says exactly the same thing, hence roadworks after christmas and patching up etc its all just so they dont lose their nice budget, even tho they ont use it again the next year.

All companies budget that way.
Its no different from you having to do anything, you work out from how long it took before. Time = Money etc.

People are paid good money to work budgets & forcasts, but its educated guess work.

But my point is if they don't need the stuff then don't buy it surely the money could go into the next years budget and under spenders be rewarded rather than penalised.

Sponsored Links
Back