Taxi Driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what that was all about today in Cumbria where that taxi driver went amok and killed a few people.

Only heard snippets but very sad for the affected families. :(

Sponsored Links
Very tragic. 12 dead, and in such a nice part of the country. All I can think , is that he's had some sort of breakdown. Perhaps been under too much stress and went doolally.
Deepest sympathies to the people of Cumbria who have suffered/lost loved ones today.

Very tragic. 12 dead, and in such a nice part of the country. All I can think , is that he's had some sort of breakdown. Perhaps been under too much stress and went doolally.
Deepest sympathies to the people of Cumbria who have suffered/lost loved ones today.
Yes.

ban all guns,there are 700.000 licensed gun owners in this country why do they need guns? I would have thought the government would have learned after dunblane and hungerford.

Sponsored Links
ban all guns,there are 700.000 licensed gun owners in this country why do they need guns? I would have thought the government would have learned after dunblane and hungerford.

IN the UK:

26,000,000 cars, 3,000 deaths - one death per 8,666 cars
700,000 guns, 42 deaths- one per 16,666 guns

Seems to me the death rate for guns is twice as good as in cars, so its doesnt need an attention paying to it.

Seems to me the death rate for guns is twice as good as in cars, so its doesnt need an attention paying to it.

We can do without guns, we can't do without cars at the moment.

Why do the TV networks allow the transmission of programmes about the construction of weapons? How things are made hand guns the Americans certainly seem to be obsessed in killing things.

Wotan

After Hungerford automatic weapons were banned
After Dunblane tighter controls on handguns came into force
and after incidents involving replicar "toy" guns these too were banned.

Still as said even one death is wrong

no need to ban guns, just the bullets..
or make them £10 per bullet / shell and then they won't shoot them all willy nilly..

Cars are a necessity guns are not.

maybe farmers need guns but thats it.

The locals, say he was a nice cheerful bloke, sounds like someones pyssed him big time!
He knew at least one of his victims.
But I agree, what purpose to guns serve, other than shooting burgulars.

That will be the knee jerk reaction ban all firearm's ! that ban on pistol's did not make much difference alot got over the ban , in fact the weapon's became more dangerous !! (pistol's) ,will not be the last time this happen's !!

no need to ban guns, just the bullets..
or make them £10 per bullet / shell and then they won't shoot them all willy nilly..

you'll never stop guns coming through the black market.
they are to wildly available on the street corner for a few hundred.

anyone into guns and the right contacts can make bullets.

Sponsored Links
Back