Taylor Wimpey to buy or not to buy that is thy question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are considering part ex of our home for a new build but we are wondering if this is a good move anyone got any good experence in this field and would like to share some experiences plz.

We are wondering what the build quality is like on these homes, me and the wife have been looking the last few weeks and the show homes are amazing, we looking at a 3 and 4 detached bedroom home but the 4 are a bit pricey.

Another option was a very spacious 4 bed semi, we fell for this building nice hallways etc etc but its a semi and iam so damn parranoid of semi houses after the trouble ive had with noisey neighbours in the past it was a 27 year old build. Are the new builds any good for blocking out the neighbours noise the sales lady trying to sell the house plots said shes not had a complain about this, i supose if there was a problem i doubt she would mention it anyway :LOL:

Anyway thanks for you time

Clubb699

Sponsored Links
In ANY Semi-Detached you WILL hear your neighbours from time to time. If they have their music blaring, TV etc then yes you'll hear that too. As far as new builds are concerned, I'd suggest you're more likely to hear them than you would with an older/ancient building.

In ANY Semi-Detached you WILL hear your neighbours from time to time. If they have their music blaring, TV etc then yes you'll hear that too. As far as new builds are concerned, I'd suggest you're more likely to hear them than you would with an older/ancient building.

I feared this would be the case with us falling for that 4 bed we was hopeing for a silent semi house :( ;)

Thanks

It depends really I lived in a new build for 10 years, in the time I was there I replaced the extractor fan in the bathroom. You could hear the neighbours every now and then but that really is the same as any age property. I think I'd have more reservations if it were timber frame than masonry though especially SIPs.

Sponsored Links
It depends really I lived in a new build for 10 years, in the time I was there I replaced the extractor fan in the bathroom. You could hear the neighbours every now and then but that really is the same as any age property. I think I'd have more reservations if it were timber frame than masonry though especially SIPs.

Thanks freddy i will give up with the idea of the semi for sure, looks like detached all the way worth the extra pounds i think, not going back in time just incase i get a neighbour thats a drummer in a band :LOL: ;)

Nice to here you had no problems though in the 10 years ;)

Whats the SIPS mean please i am confused

Thanks

My friend lives in a new build semi and he can hear next door crapping from his bedroom :eek:

Is the noise from the coach or the double decker :?:

:oops: just re read your post peaps.
Must one of the new G4 buildings.
Didnt know that the cells were semi detached though.

moved to my detached nearly 2 years ago and its BY FAR the best thing about the property and its a lovely property

I have NEVER heard my neighbours except in the garden and sometimes weeks go by when i dont see them....PERFECT well worth the premium you have to pay to get one

There can be a premium, you also need to take into consideration that you (should) have no maintenance that costs anything for the first 10 or 20 years.

SIPs are structurally insulated panels ie rigid insulation sandwiched between 2 sheets of sterling board.

My friend lives in a new build semi and he can hear next door crapping from his bedroom :eek:

Brings back memorys of my old semi coughing, snizzing, loud TV tthank god they were 65 years old we might have heard alot more :LOL: ;)

C699, I live in a semi and rarely hear my neighbours. So, if you are uncertain about what you may be getting into about a new build why don't you go along and do your own testing. Take a large radio with you and ask to listen to it from next door. Ask other residence about noise. That should get you a result either way.

As long as you dont mind plasterboard walls you can hang nothing from,push fit plumbing which leaks , uneven concrete floors because the've rushed it for the deadline ,splattered magnolia walls , kitchen cupboards which are wonky then yeah new builds are great :)

Sponsored Links
Back