Teach 'em young.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took my Grandson to a local museum for his first birthday today. He showed great interest in an Essex regiment soldier on Nazi clearing duties.
E28E42BC-F2A3-48FB-9130-F5412378592A.jpeg

Sponsored Links
My Dad had some books, (The Second World War in Pictures), which we were allowed to read as youngsters. Some graphic pictures in there for a youngster, but his reasoning was, the more we knew about what happened the better the chance it wouldn't happen again.

Every school child should be taught about what happened in those dark days and the victims should always be remembered.

Sponsored Links
A lot of people will try and wipe this part of history from any learning, but it should be taught to all. Monday 27th is Holocaust Memorial day.
Have you been to Yad Vashem?

I have, and it's well worth a visit to remind ourselves how mankind can be so brutally cruel to their fellow human beings...

It's such a shame that the state of Israel hasn't yet learnt that lesson!

Have you been to Raqqa?

I haven't, but it's well worth a visit to remind ourselves how a certain culture can be so brutally cruel to their fellow human beings...

It's such a shame that the whole arab world hasn't yet learnt that lesson!

Have you been to Raqqa?

I haven't
Funnily enough, I have been there...

Well before the civil war of course, and also well before ISIL took over for a while...

ISIL of course being the brutality that formed out of the aftermath of illegal wars/invasions in the ME undertaken by many western nations...

So what was the point you were trying to make?

I am told before the missionaries went to Africa there was very little famine, it was a very sparse population, but the missionaries reduced infant mortality without also reducing number of children born, so there was a population explosion which in turn caused famine.

Not saying reducing infant mortality was bad, but trying to educate and change what people do needs time, in the UK we gradually progressed if it is progression to where we are today, to try and in a generation to reverse what a society has done for the last millennium is asking for problems.

And we do get it wrong, mainly due to speed of change, the knee jerk reaction, petrol is bad use diesel ups now diesel is bad use petrol, or coal is bad burn vegetation, ups running out of food, use nuclear, ups that went bang lets try again.

I once heard a motto "Anything in moderation nothing in excess." and there is nothing really wrong calling me a gog so why is there a fuss when we call anyone after where they come from South Wales people have always been called Taffs. However when some one was caught shop lifting in my son-in-laws shop, the police were more interested in the name they called him to what they stole, OK they got it wrong he was from Turkey not Pakistan, but people get it wrong with me and call me a Taff instead of a Gog so what is the difference?

As to anti-Semitism, why is it different for one race? Be it the English, Welsh, Irish it is always wrong to set one race apart, and it is wrong to tell Irish jokes, but the word anti-Semitism needs banning as the word its self set one race apart.

am told before the missionaries went to Africa there was very little famine, it was a very sparse population, but the missionaries reduced infant mortality without also reducing number of children born, so there was a population explosion which in turn caused famine.
I think we did our bit for population control with the diseases we took with us.

""1839, according to British medical records, six infectious diseases accounted for almost all deaths in Britain: TB, typhus, typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery and smallpox. No record or history of such diseases exists outside Euroasia before the advent of European adventures.26 Jul 2009"""

Yip...that would have fettled a few africans with no immunity.

One day I'd "like" to visit Auschwitz.. most certainly be very sobering, but should be experienced for all it's past horrors.

Sponsored Links
Back