Teeting into a RAD to supply UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have 2 really cold rooms and a bathroom which have RAD's with their own Zone valve. (basically the side of a garge which has been converted)

The floors are extremly cold and I was thinkging of using overlay UFH and teeing into the RAD within the room.

Is this possible / any complication due to high temperture etc..?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yea the floor under is already insulated but strangely the rooms are freezing so I'm thinking of raising it by 30mm or so and thought of running ufh at the same time.

yes .... the rad temp would normally run much hotter than what the UFH flow needs to run at (~ 45deg). Depending on the floor size (m2)you may be able to run it from the primary boiler pump but you will need a FHV regulating/blending valve to control the floor temp and the system needs to be well balanced.

Sponsored Links
It needs a blending tee and a circulating pump with separate thermostat - these modules are available, such a thing is installed in my house.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back