Telephone slave socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've added a filtered telephone/ adsl slave socket about 5m from the master socket using 3-pair 6-core telephone wire. The telephone works from both the master and slave socket, but my adsl modem now only works from the master. Any ideas why this is? Can you use telephone wire for this job or does it have to be cat 5e?

Sponsored Links
How have you added the slave socket? Do you already have a filter on the master socket?
6 core telephone wire ought to be fine, you only need to use one twisted pair, blue and white/blue for connections 2 and 5 between both the sockets.

Aha! The problem I think is that the new component is faulty. I've tried with a different slave socket and traditional filter and all works well. I will try and return the new one. Do you think that "rings" true? The master socket definitely isn't pre filtered and wiring is as you say.

If it works with a normal slave socket then yes, there is something amiss with the adsl/phone socket.
Can you upload a photo of it, front and back?

Sponsored Links
Was it a solwise ? Do you wire it the correct way ? Normally 2,3,5 in and f, 2,3,5 out for filtered ?

Did the socket come with instructions? I wonder if you connected the phone line to the wrong terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back