telephone wire - lighting circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to look at an aquiantance's problem today because lighting circuit MCB keeps tripping. The MCB is f---ed, 2 lighting circuits line conductors have been taped together, connected with a blue piece of phone wire type cable, and shoved in the 32A MCB :eek: Is this something I expect to see as I proceed towards a career as a sparx?

Sponsored Links
I think it is quite special, you should track down the installer of the blue cable and ask him to log onto this forum and explain exactly WTF he thought he was doing when he put it in :)

Martin

... You see all sorts, and it stops supprising you after a while...

:LOL:

Went to look at an aquiantance's problem today because lighting circuit MCB keeps tripping. The MCB is f---ed, 2 lighting circuits line conductors have been taped together, connected with a blue piece of phone wire type cable, and shoved in the 32A MCB :eek: Is this something I expect to see as I proceed towards a career as a sparx?

Add things like.. Speaker wire supplying 240V wall lights either side of fireplace. Old cloth sheath wires, taped together with selotape, supplying sockets and storage heaters, on one radial circuit, partly fed by 2.5 t+e.
At least this is what I found under my floorboards when I moved in.

Sponsored Links
That is one of the more impressively bizarre things I've seen posted on here!

That is one of the more impressively bizarre things I've seen posted on here!

Quality pic. :LOL:

Incidentally, why would there be three line conductors in both the 32A MCBs? :confused:

That's beautiful. So simple, yet effective.

Everyone knows that hager MCBs fit just right into those CUs :LOL:

This one came up again recently too:-
Co-AxSocket.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back