Temporarily disconnect Veritas 8 control panel to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to temporarily disconnect the control panel of my Veritas 8 alarm so it can be removed and the wall it's sited on can be plastered. Can anyone advise the best way to achieve this?

I could disconnect the control panel from the mains and remove the battery within it, but I believe the alarm would still sound due to the bell box also having a battery.

Is there any way to stop the alarm sounding when the control panel is removed? I don't particularly want to let it sound until the bell box battery dies, nor do I want to climb a ladder and disconnect it if avoidable.

I do have the engineers code for the system.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Ladder job, there is an engineers trick to stop this , but i couldn't give that out as it could compromise the working off an alarm and SAB and also be unprofessional.

Only if it was a Texecom sounder............maybe one other..:D

But good ethics there young man.

Sponsored Links
HA HA hardy HAR HAR - so there is a simple way to defeat an alarm using an engineers 'trick' ..lol

As if that won't be all over you tube..lol

Oh my LORD what a hypocrite you are 'Alarm'

HA HA hardy HAR HAR - so there is a simple way to defeat an alarm using an engineers 'trick' ..lol

As if that won't be all over you tube..lol

Oh my LORD what a hypocrite you are 'Alarm'

Pmsl at that , you try and find that exact method lol

IIRC bellboxes self-activate when they lose power from the panel so if you find a way to keep the bellbox powered it shouldn't go off.

IIRC bellboxes self-activate when they lose power from the panel so if you find a way to keep the bellbox powered it shouldn't go off.
As everything is getting very 'picky' here, I'll put you right on something.

SAB = Self Actuating Bell NOT Self Activating Bell

(Bell being a generic term)

If you are going to pick holes in everything at least get the terminology correct.

Ok, activating might be in use but it is wrong, the term is actuating.

And for Yaleguys/Skyboys info the Texecom has an "engineer" method to silence from the panel for servicing. Not an override for activations.

So again you show your lack of understanding. You`re getting really good at jumping in without knowledge and getting threads locked and or removed.

PS thanks Bernard, funny how these "experts" do not know the names of things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back