Temporarily moving this radiator, how to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I live in a new build house and I need to remove my old washing machine for a new one.
As you can see from this picture, the radiator needs to come off. When we moved in the builders did it for us. They did it in seconds.

The radiator has tubing rather than copper pipes.

Which part do i need to unscrew to stop the water?

Thanks for ANY help!

Sponsored Links
Only way you can do it is turn off both valves at the ends of the rad, crack the nuts, drain the rad and lift off.

If the Thermostatic valve, on the right, doesn't have a 0 on it then you may need to get a decorators cap to shut the valve off properly.

Builders probably did it when the system was dry if they did it that fast.

Just a thought but how easy is it to remove the cupboard next to it? If it's on legs, could just be a case of removing the plinth undoing a few screws and dropping the cupboard down a bit to remove.

Sponsored Links
If squeaky's idea isn't a goer, then I should have expanded Shane. Unless you want to drain the whole Central heating system don't touch any of the plastic piping or unscrew any of those grey fittings. The valves at the radiator need to be turned off and then the nuts closest to the radiator need to be undone, loosen the vent screw, that'll drain just the radiator and then lift off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back