Termination of flex conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am looking to connect three garden lights to pre-installed junction boxes. The boxes are on the fence, whereas the lights will sit in a ground approx. 90cm from the fence.

My intention is to run a NYY-J cable in a flexible conduit and whilst the junction box connection will not be a problem, I am trying to figure out how to terminate the conduit at the light end so it's waterproof.

I am sure there is a neat and proper way of doing it rather than filling the end with an outdoor sealant.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You use the correct glands to terminate the conduit, typically providing you with a male threaded end that your screw into the fitting (using appropriate seals).

Sponsored Links
My intention is to run a NYY-J cable in a flexible conduit and whilst the junction box connection will not be a problem, I am trying to figure out how to terminate the conduit at the light end so it's waterproof.

I am sure there is a neat and proper way of doing it rather than filling the end with an outdoor sealant.
Well, how are you terminating the conduit in the junction boxes?

Whatever glands you are using there, use the same ones on the other ends of the lengths of conduit, surely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back