Tesla Gigafactory Europe to be built in Germany, not UK, as Elon Musk blames Brexit uncertainty

Sponsored Links
But apparently quitters when they voted meant 'leave means leave' with no deal...

the leavers cannot agree what "leave" means. Some of them think it means being in the single market. Some of them think it means no trade agreement with the EU. Some of them think it means something between, but don't know what. So whatever sort of "leave" you get, most "leavers" don't like it.

Leavers think it is essential that the citizens of the country must not be allowed to say what it is they want.

Something that was never going to be built in Britain in the first place but let’s pin that on Brexit by the remainers.
I agree -I do wonder if there is much validity to the story.

I couldnt find any old stories of Tesla saying they were looking at building a factory in the UK......not to say there arent any, google puts up all the recent news so I may have just not found the original announcement

Sponsored Links
So whatever sort of "leave" you get, most "leavers" don't like it.
That’s okay then. All those leavers that don’t like any of the leave options will obviously vote Lib Dem or Labour in the upcoming election and stop it in its tracks. They will do that, won’t they? :rolleyes:

That’s okay then. All those leavers that don’t like any of the leave options will obviously vote Lib Dem or Labour in the upcoming election and stop it in its tracks. They will do that, won’t they? :rolleyes:

Well they'll walk it wont they because all those leave voters that have changed their minds will now vote for remain parties, (according to recent surveys) and the other leave voters are old 'gammons' who will have died by Dec 12th.
The king is dead, long live Jeremy Corbyn or Jo Swinson.

I agree -I do wonder if there is much validity to the story.

I couldnt find any old stories of Tesla saying they were looking at building a factory in the UK......not to say there arent any, google puts up all the recent news so I may have just not found the original announcement

Are you saying Galahad is a liar?

I said "A referendum of sorts” in December. Go back. Have a look. Tell me if I’m wrong.
You're not wrong in that is what you indeed said...

But what were you actually trying to say?

'of sorts' means what exactly?

What kind of 'deal' did you vote for in that 'final referendum' that suddenly isn't quite so final?

I wonder what tipped him in favour of Germany?

The declining foreign owned car industry in the UK?
The problem with the UK possibly becoming a 'third country' and having to navigate substantial tariffs?
The UK skills shortage?

Foreign investment (other than fire sale buyouts) has plunged in the UK as it is now considered a 'high risk' area in which to do so!

Skills shortage no doubt about it

The UK us drowning in pencil pushers and paper shufflers and

Be** ends rinsing funds out of the tax payer to take pointless and useless degrees :sneaky:

You're not wrong in that is what you indeed said...

But what were you actually trying to say?

'of sorts' means what exactly?

What kind of 'deal' did you vote for in that 'final referendum' that suddenly isn't quite so final?
Like it or not, this election is going to be all about Brexit. That’s what I’m trying to say - it’s called an election but it’s really a referendum in all but name. "Of sorts". There. Got it?
And the "deal" I truly thought I was voting for was a complete clean break from the EU. Once we were out of it, we could then make deals or not, whatever the case may be. Got that as well? Now stop asking the same ****ing question over and over and over.

Tesla boss and serial entrepreneur Elon Musk has revealed that the firm's new European Gigafactory production facility will be built in Germany on the outskirts of Berlin.

Speaking at Auto Express’s sister title Auto Bild’s Golden Steering Wheel Awards, Musk also revealed that a European research and development base was also planned for Germany, in addition to the new manufacturing plant. Later on his Twitter account, Musk confirmed that the new plant would build "batteries, powertrains & vehicles, starting with Model Y". It's understood that the Model 3, that runs on the same platform as the Model Y will follow.

Speaking exclusively to Auto Express after making the Gigafactory announcement, Musk identified Brexit uncertainty as the reason why the UK wasn’t considered for the new site: “Brexit [uncertainty] made it too risky to put a Gigafactory in the UK,” Musk said.

Brexit might have something to do with Musk’s change of heart over the R&D centre, too. Back in 2014, he told Auto Express that he planned to build an R&D base in the UK. Those plans have since been shelved.

"Musk also confirmed the UK will be the base for a brand new Tesla R&D centre, which could even precede a vehicle assembly plant in Britain – if demand is high enough. “We’ll have an R&D centre here before a factory”, Musk said.

We’ll have our first European factory in continental Europe, perhaps the Netherlands, but it makes sense to have one in the UK once we’re producing more than 500,000 units. But the factory needs to be running at full capacity [to be viable].”

So, nothing really new then and this was before Brexit was even mentioned.

Sponsored Links
Back