Tessa Jowell and those England car flags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So are those flag legal or not? I thought the police said last time they were illegal, but they were going to put up with them.
I thought it was a blatant publicity stunt her having the flags on the car, she might as well have had a picture taken holding a baby.
Its a bit dodgy an MP doing something the police are discouraging.

Personally, I think the flags are OK if you're going along at 10mph hooting your horns to celebrate after a match.
I don't think they're safe to be used at 70/80 mph on the motorway though!

Sponsored Links
Only a couple of weeks ago, the DVLA announced a new road rule.

Drivers with a lower than average IQ must display a single flag on the top of their car. This flag must be white in colour, with a red cross, its purpose to warn other drivers to keep their distance.

Drivers with a very low IQ must display 2 of the above said flags, to warn other drivers to go home, for their own safety.

Those who feel it appropriate may supplement the flags with such other items as bumper stickers, window stickers, aerial toppers, and any other items adorned with a red cross on a white background.

Is anyone in here willing to admit to flying those yobbish flags?

joe

crafty1289 said:
Only a couple of weeks ago, the DVLA announced a new road rule.

Drivers with a lower than average IQ must display a single flag on the top of their car. This flag must be white in colour, with a red cross, its purpose to warn other drivers to keep their distance.

Drivers with a very low IQ must display 2 of the above said flags, to warn other drivers to go home, for their own safety.

Those who feel it appropriate may supplement the flags with such other items as bumper stickers, window stickers, aerial toppers, and any other items adorned with a red cross on a white background.

Something like this?

image00222.jpg

Sponsored Links
I also saw this news story:
Glasgow flag making company "Scotch Cloth" has today announced its gone into receivership.
Managing director Jock McTavish blamed market forces, red tape and the stock pile of 500,000 unsold Scottish car flags.
They've had these since 1998 waiting for Scotland to qualify for another tournament.
:)

JamesA said:
Personally, I think the flags are OK if you're going along at 10mph hooting your horns to celebrate after a match.

personally, i think you want banned from driving if you drive along at 10mph causing noise pollution.

jowell the bandwagon-jumping-onto-old-bint

an
crafty1289
you were almost funny there ...NOT ..lol...lol...lol...lol....lol...lol

I have 2 flags in the beamer .....

an one massive Cloth one with COTTEE STRETFORD across it , that has travelled in the good old days with me to ENGERLAND GAMES ............:) :) :) lol..lol.lol...lol

Back