Texecom 48 install....East London

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask..........

I wanted to find out if anyone can recommend anyone to do a Texecom Install in East London.

All the cabling has been laid to the correct positions due to the flooring/ plastering taking place.
Wiring all goes back to the Premier 48 box and all cables have been labelled where there coming from.

All I need now is someone to install all the PIR sensors, keypads and configure the unit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All the cables would need to be tested before any installation.
Are you supplying all equipment?

How many zones to be fitted?
Are the entry/exit doors pre drilled for contacts?

What are you expecting to pay?

Hi

Yes I have all the equipment

1x 48 Premier Panel
2x Premier LCD Keypads
1x Wireless Expander 32XP
3x Richochet Wireless magnetic contacts
4x Premier smartkey wireless fobs
8x Prestiage DT PIR
1x Premier GSM Module
1x Speach dialler
1x Remote mic
1x Odyessy compact sounder

Wires have been run to all PIR sensor points
2 Keypads backboxes installed and wires run back to back panel
Wireless door contacts so no drilling required for that point.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You are both in London aren't you?

Hi Joe,

Yes Im in London. Im assuming the other person your talking about is Alarm. Havent herd nothing back .

Looks like I will have to go solo and attempt it myself. Im confident that I can do it but the configuring of the wintex/ zoning will need help on.....

Sorry forgot this.

Not able to assist, have a bad leg injury and getting over it.
Believe me after a long while out of work anything is a bonus.
However now so close to getting everything working properly any work ATM is not worth the risk.

Otherwise I would be glad to assist.

Try a local sparks, or NACOSS/SSAIB website.

Always here to assist though. Any problems post here. If it gets really difficult i`ll give you my number.

Thanks for getting back.

Ok will search the web for NACOSS/SSAIB website. Spoken to a few sparks and they dont any of this, especially the configuration aspect.

I dont mind doing this myself, Only problem I see is configuring wintext and the wireless expander.

Looking at the PIRs which are all jumper based and currently set on EOL, I think I can have these installed by the weekend. Is there anything I should look out for on wiring the PIRs and zoning them in, into the control panel?

Not really.
I tend to start with the front door as zone 1 and then follow the rest around the property numerically. Although with real text its easier to use a numeric route around. So 1 = front door 2 = hall 3 = lounge 4 = i`m sure you get my drift.

Just ensure the jumpers are set for the panel.
Using wintex will make programming easier if your not used to it.
It is a very easy system to use.
Just remember to password protect it.

Hi Alarm

Quick question regarding the zoning. You mention you tend to start of using the front door as being Zone 1 and so forth. The front door, Garden Door and Utilitiy Door is part of the Wireless Expander do I use this first to start of the Zones? Or do I go hardwire zones first then the wireless expander.

HardWire:
Front Room
Lounge
Dining Room
Kitchen
1st Floor Hall
Loft Hall

Wireless Expander
Front Door
Garden Door
Utility Room
Utility Room PIR

Thanks

TBH you can go anyway with it, as there is real text.
It is just a personal preference of mine to do a numeric route around the system.

Bit more difficult with 500 zones mind.
But again I start from the front door and then around the building in a logical sequence.

Think my largest was 700 ish zones.
Took a while to install!

#Sorry never answered your quest did I.
Do it as you feel comfortable with.

Thanks Alarm

Ive decided to make the wireless section the first set of Zones considering its all on the ground floor.

Just slightly confused on how I go about installing the Wireless Expander and programming the zones.

Connect the expander onto the data line.
Programme as in the instructions.

If having difficulty come back.

Regards,

As Alarm said, if it's your first install, using Wintex will greatly simplify the programming.

Setting up the wireless expander becomes immediately obvious in the software.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help. Guess big day tomorrow when I kick start the implementation.

I had a quick play with the Ricochet software which looks straight forward for registering the devies.

I couldnt get my head around the wintex software. Is there a template that is available I could use to upload into wintext to work what each section means?

Ok to kick start the implementation Im going to install all the PIR sensors first can you guys please confirm:

Two wires will feed into the PIR as the Jumpers are set on EOL. On the Control Panel side, are the same two wires fed into the Zone e.g. 1 part or will I have to add a resister on the control panel side?

Apologies for asking so many questions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back