Texecom 48 install....East London

Yeah thats right, ComIP is only used for management of network purposes or diagnostics. Reason why I purchased it was for the wintex programming aspect then uploading the sofware. Havent got to that bit just yet.

Had a busy weekend in other DIY-ing bits and pieces but will get back to the Alarm aspect tomorrow.

Ive also ordered the Battery which I never had. Been reading the manual how to link out the Aux as Im not using it how do I actually do this, it doesnt tell me what wire to put were?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Alarm

Sorry to bug you again about the linking out....still not sure exactly what to do

You say Into the two Aux terminals. Link it out...but how...what do I have to do e.g. do i put a resistor in there, or a wire and loop it? Sorry to be dump about this not familar with the terminology.

I got the battery yesterday and managed to sort that prob out as well as Zone out.

Having a look at the Aux tamper error by linking it out and also the RKP error that I was getting.

Thanks

Yes wire link in each.
RKP tamper is going to be how its back tamper is fitting.

Sponsored Links
Hi Alarm,

Looks like post currently unavilable from yesterdays Q&A so didnt quite catch your responce.

Two questions:

1: How do I link out the Aux bit, do I loop a wire from one terminal to the other? Or do I put some sort of resistor in. Manual does really tell me HOW to do this.

2: For the moment I dont want to conenct the Bell for obvious reasons. How to I "pretend" to connect the bell to the control panel. Once the testing is finished I can then put the bell back on.

Another question that has sprung to mind is while looking at the control panel yesterday I saw another AUX 2 section next to the Zone inputs which has 4 terminals. Do I need to do anything with this?

Thanks

Not sure whats happened there?

Yes use a loop/link in each AUX input.
Loop/link the 0v to Tamper on the bell connections.
Do the same, use a loop on the one above the bell connections.

Another question that has sprung to mind is while looking at the control panel yesterday I saw another AUX 2 section next to the Zone inputs which has 4 terminals. Do I need to do anything with this?

NO!

You've mis-read the panel. That is AUX 12v

That is what powers your detectors etc. Putting a link in will short it out and at the very least blow one of the PCB fuses.

Thanks goot thing you told me about that.

Ok Ive managed to sort most of the panel out. Looped the AUX (near the bell), also wired a loop on the bell between 0v and Tamper.

Ran through the start up process and got most things working.

Now heres the difficult bit:

Ive got two error messages one which says ATS fault and the other Com 1 Fault which has the GSM module connected.

Ive managed to configure an IP address and got the panel on the network and started using WinTex. Problem I have is I dont understand Wintext thoroughly enough. I kind of set up the Zones and ares which I think are OK.

Walktest doesnt seem to be working properly and also the Wireless Expander isnt working at all. I do I get the wireless expander working? is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Walk test, when in enginners do you ask an area to be tested?
Have you assigned zones to an area yet?

Thats probably your issue.

Expander: is it connected, is there power to it?
Did you have the panel search for all peripherals?

Thats probably your issue.

Keep going your not doing too badly :D

Wintex is probably one of the easier remote access bits of software out there. Your still not used to the terminology.

Your doing better than some so called "pro" engineers. So well done.

Hi Alarm

Thanks for your comments.

Havent had a chance to revist the Alarm since your last message. Had to finish of the painting in the Kitchen and Dining room area as this week its being fitted out.

Ok, I went back to the Alarm over the weekend and I have definatley assigned Zones and areas. All Zones 1-8 have been labelled i.e. Hallway, Lounge etc etc and then assigned to a Area A, B, C or D.

When I go through the Walk Test on the Panel, nothing is detected. Are the LEDs in the PIR sensors meant to be lighting up green and red....if so i dont get any lights whats so ever. Have I wiried them incorrectly?

Also still have problems with the Wireless Expander. I go to search mode and it starts seaching for 20seconds and comes back with nothing. The panel has detected it on port 3 as the first two are taken up by the Keypads?

Ive started using Wintex, it looks simple enough but how can I tell if things are right or wrong.

Network 3?
You sure?
Put all onto network 1 and see what happens.
Also check the numeric assignments.

PIR`s should light unless disabled, back to checking the wiring I suppose.

Hi Alarm

Looks like Im still having problems configuring the alarm.

I get a reading from the PIR but when I do the walk test, it says nothing detected. Ive taken some pictures below on how the wiring is

Also still cant seem to get the wirelss expander working, sorry previously I meant to say all on Network 1 but RKP 3 as the other two keypads have taken RKP1 and RKP2

Im trying to do most of the configuring using Wintex, as you said its so much easier

dont really know texecom detection equipment, where are your resistors, or does the dtec have them onboard?? (if you're using eol which i assume yoy are)

where is the power for the dtec??

ok just read the whole thread, on board eol :confused: sorry

still dont see any power tho??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back