Texecom 48 install....East London

You need 12V at the detectors! Take the 12V from the AUX + - power

Sponsored Links
Thats right, it has the onboard dip switches.

Ive got no LED status on the PIRs and the DIPs are definatley set on LED on and not off.

Think i can see your problem.
The alarm pair does not carry power, so you have used yellow and blue for dectetion but not used another pair for power to the detector.
Probably the same for the expander.

You have two pairs one for power one for detection no pirs.
Two on the expander, one for data one for power.

Time to rewire slightly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. Looks like its the power

Just before I go and get all the powers into the PIRs

Do I wire all PIR power in the one AUX + - so pretty much all 8 PIRS will be getting the power from the AUX.

You can spilt them if you wish, but it can take all in just one +/- output.

Hi All

Thanks, excellent had a play around last night and got all the PIRs working. Carried out the Walktest and everything seems to fine on that front. Apprecaited the assistance.

Ok, two final issues that I have. The first being the Wireless Expander, still cant seem to get that going. Have checked the cabling, its powered as it gets its feed from the network port same as the keypads + - T R. Its also registered under expander RK3, other two keypads are 1 and 2. Not sure what else to do on this one.

The final fault I have is the GSM module. Ive registered this on COM1 but I get the error message saying Error Com1.

Also, Ive attached some screenshots of the Wintex programming, can you please give me some guidance if the programming is correct i.e. Zone 1 which is the Ground hallway what features should I select and should this be the same for all ground floor PIRs. (Ok looks like I forgot to take a pic of the Zone areas but heres a screenshot of other settings)

KeyPad Options

Expander Options

Area timers

Comms options

Comms Options ARC

Comms Options Radio Pad

All: Cant thank you enough helping me and guiding me with my installation. Thanks

Assuming zone 1 is the hallway what is the final exit, the hall would be a option 4 guard access.
All other areas would be Guard, once again I assume as have not seen the property.

Try making the expander number 1 on the data line.
Looks like keypads and expanders are seen differently.

Remember Texecom isnt my kit of choice :S
I`m learning a bit here with you too.

Think the rest looks okay.

Hi Alarm

To make the Expander 1 do I change the dip switches on all keypads and expander?

Thanks

Tazer,
I've just finished installing a Ricochet system as well. What I found really helpful was to plug the ComIP into the wireless expander Com port as well, no need to change any IP settings or anything. You can then use the Ricochet software to see exactly whats going on with the wireless items, its easier than wintex. I'm just trying to figure out a nice solution to be able to swap between Panel and the expander without having to open the boxes each time.
The wireless expander was seen no problems on the premier 48, and wintex so all I can wonder is whether you're connections to the expander are correct. I left the expander as item 1 on the dip switch, I've only got one keypad and that's set to engineer. The manual is confusing as to whether each device on a network has to have a different number as it reads that each keypad needs a different number, and then each expander needs a different one...anyone clear that up for me??
The only strange thing I'm seeing is that the full alarm will only set if I open and close an exit door...guess that's one of the settings I've missed.

Yes I did notice the Com Ip port on the expander. I thought it will be more hassel in terms of taking it out of the premier panel and plugging it in the exapnder.

I do have the Wireless software. Ok cool i will give that a shot over the weekend and see how I get on with that.

I will set the Dip switch to 1 today and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the info

Hi Alarm, ALL

Ok over the weekend I had another attempt and changed the dip on the expander to 1.

It now recognises the Expander on 1 and RKP 1 and 2 all on seperate networks. Still no joy in connceting the devices up.

Howeevr after googling all day yesterday I came across the offical manual
http://www.texe.com/ricochet/pdfs/Premier 32XP-W Installation Instructions.pdf

By the looks of it, its straight forward and makes sense in what i have to do. Its a pitty this manual doest come with the unit or doest give you the instructions in the main installation guide.

I will now go through this later this week and hopefully have this up an running. I know my software version is 8.17 so have the latest.

Now that I think I have this issues resolved, the final two issues I have is:

1: GSM com fault 2
- I went through the paper work last night and double checked everything. All it says is go into UDL/ DIGI options and make sure Com 2 is set to GSM module. Also under options make sure its been enabled and protocol being used is SMS and primary number is my mobile. Theres two molex connections on the GSM module, one with 2 wires and one with 4 wires. Ive connected the four wire one to com2. Still no joy

2: ATS fault.
Not sure what that is.

Thanks

ATS is fail to comms with ARC alarm recieving centre so its still set up to try and dial them. Remove all signalling apart from your mobile number.

Try the 2 wire?

Hi All,

After contacting Texecom Technical yesterday who were very rude and not willing to help at all, never answered any of my emails so thought let me call their technical support. Not much help so had to be very persistant and the end result is I may have a faulty GSM module. As my signal is continously on -113 Im not getting any comms going with the GSM module hence the error message Com2 Fualt and ATS error message.

I know need to contact the place I purchased the item from and see if I can get this returnered/ swapped out considering its been 6 months already when I purchased it.

Thanks for all your help and guidance, will let you guys know how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back