Texecom 48 install....East London

Hi All

First problem....

Have installed all the PIRS and configured the jumper settings on the PIR to EOL.

Do I now put the blue and yellow wire directly into the premier 48 panel or do I configure it with the 4ks and 2ks jumpers?

Sponsored Links
There are 4 terminals for each zone.
FSL/EOL wiring is the 1st and last terminal. Page 21
So put your colours there.
Page 34 tells you how to programme for EOL.

Hi Alarm

Still slightly confused. I understand its the first and last terminal in each zone setting. But do I put a resistor 4K7 and 2K2 resistor in as well

i.e.

Take the 4K7 and 2K2 resistor, twist one of the legs together with the other. Free leg of 4k7 and a blue wire goes in at the end terminal of Alarm, joint legs goes into the next alarm terminal.

2k2 resistorlef goes into Tamper and a yellow wire goes into the first terminal of Tamper

OR

Do I only put a blue wire at the end of Alarm. Yellow wire in the first slot of Tamper. Run these cables into the PIR were the jumper settings have been defined to 4k7 and 2k2.

Thats what Im finding confusing at the moment. If you can please advise, that will be great.

No its calle End of line for a reason, do not put the resistors into the panel.
They go into the detection devices.
You mentioned the pirs had dips, set them to the correct resistence and wire as per instructions.

Sponsored Links
Hi Alarm

Another slight problem. Where do I wire the 32XP-W

Theres 4 wires, 12V 0V T R, not sure were to put this in the control panel?

The wireless expander will control
Main door
Garden Door
Utility room Door
Utility room PIR

and 4 wireless key fobs.

In the whole process ive alos misplced my ComIP module....have to look for it over the weekend.

Excellent. Thanks

So pretty much on the Network port, at the moment I have 2 Keypads already connected now this making it the third.

All dips are set to different settings

Hi Alarm

Got another problem.

I've now officially powered on the system (I didn't connect the bell) thought best not to until the configuration has been sorted.

At the moment all I get is the two keypads making an alarm bell sound and giving me a whole bunch of errors.

I've put the engineers code in, that stops the alarm buzzing away and all I get is System Alerts

When I time in the engineers code again and press the tick mark (OK) I get all the errors coming up:

Zone 008 tamper
auxiliary Tamper
Call ARC centre System Reset
Area A needs reset
RKP 1,1 tamper
Battery fault
Bell Tamper
Confirm devices

I cant seem to do anything or access any other part of the menu system

Any idea, I guess the real work now begins in configuring the device.

Zone 8 needs either deseleting or checking the wiring if used.
Aux tamper is a lid or speaker lid tamper.
Its also looking for an anto code reset as its on engineer reset or just so many errors so far.
Area A needs a reset, obvious.
RPK has a back tamper check it out.
Battery fault, fitted it yet?
Bell tamper is just that you have no link from a hard negative to bell tamper return.
Confirm devices, it needs to look about and see what is connected to the data lines, so the keypads and expander (S).

Page 28 tells you the initial power up sequence.
It also suggests you read it before you do power up :D

Not as easy as it seems is it if your not used to it.

Have you given both the keypads different addresses with the dip switches on the back of the PCB?

Aux tamper is a seperate pair of terminals on the right hand side of the main PCB near the connections for the bell. If not used it needs linking out or disabling.

I'm not using any Aux device how would I disable?

Also I've found the comIP device have now plugged that in how do I assign it an ip address?

Been a long day so will take a look at it again tomorrow

Thanks for all your help guys

link it out. (Aux)
Set up another IP in your toutrand assign it that one.

I'm not using any Aux device how would I disable?

Also I've found the comIP device have now plugged that in how do I assign it an ip address?

Been a long day so will take a look at it again tomorrow

Thanks for all your help guys

I'm thinking of getting the ComIP. Can it send emails or other signals if the alarm goes off?

ComIP is pretty much limited to allowing you to use Wintex off site, using Montex or seeing if you can get the SDK from Texecom to design your own software for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back