Texecom 48 install....East London

Sounds like the inpiut on the contact itself, there are two staples fitted across iinout1/2 & COM, take the staples out and fit a small piece of wire, and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to cross over Adrian here.
But have you got the reed deactivated?
Then it is only looking for the inputs not the reed itself.

Could be totally wrong here, but hey its a learning curve :D

Hi Guys

Looks like Adrian was right on this one, I opened the mag contact took the pins out from the input section and reinserted them and tightened the screws, closed everything and then launched the monitoring software and everything seems to be fine.

I can now set the alarm including this door.

Looks like everything on the alarm system seems to be working fine.

Now I need to buy some credit and make sure the GSM module is working, previously was working but ran out of credit due to all the testing.

Thanks Guys for your all your help.

Sponsored Links
This is probably what most not want to hear on this site, but for me as engineer in the security industry with an NSI gold company its alarming (lol) to see how much Texe product support help the general public.............. On a supposed professional panel, it should be left to the professional installers. The general public wouldn't get any product support for Galaxy, and as thats a professional panel which imo is right.

This is probably what most not want to hear on this site, but for me as engineer in the security industry with an NSI gold company its alarming (lol) to see how much Texe product support help the general public.............. On a supposed professional panel, it should be left to the professional installers. The general public wouldn't get any product support for Galaxy, and as thats a professional panel which imo is right.
I e-mailed Honeywell without stating any 'credentials' and I was sent the engineers and programming manuals for a GD-48C no problems.

It's great that the manufacturers are helping out people. The last thing you want is a closed shop where only people in the industry are able to install and service alarm panels. As much as it may hurt you to find out, there's many people not in the security industry who are far more intelligent or capable, or even able to get more out of a system than some of the people who install some of these panels.

The simple fact of the matter is anybody's equipment can be bought anywhere online and over the counter, i have never advertised who i work for nor mentioned it in any posts, but if i can help i will, if there is any issue it is the supply chain and NOT the manufacturers.

The simple fact of the matter is anybody's equipment can be bought anywhere online and over the counter, i have never advertised who i work for nor mentioned it in any posts, but if i can help i will, if there is any issue it is the supply chain and NOT the manufacturers.
Like that wasn't a clue then Adrian?

if there is any issue it is the supply chain and NOT the manufacturers.

Not always!
Not quite the same problem but similar enough, conversation on Friday with a manufacturer turned heated when they said they'll talk to who they like, and including a specific job they have been specified on - specified by us!!
£750k and they seem to think they can talk to any competitor of ours they like regarding this same project.

Not the best call they've ever made.

Like that wasn't a clue then Adrian?

Unintentional, i now realise what i have written :oops:

Not always!
Not quite the same problem but similar enough, conversation on Friday with a manufacturer turned heated when they said they'll talk to who they like, and including a specific job they have been specified on - specified by us!!
£750k and they seem to think they can talk to any competitor of ours they like regarding this same project.

Not the best call they've ever made.

I would agree with that one, not the best way to go about things, and not the way to operate.

That you from TSI?

Oh and Adrian, keep up the outstanding work.
If a product is sold it needs support. It is not your problem professional items are sold to the general public. It happens, you and your comany deem it better to support than ignore the issue. Something Honeywell could do well to embrace.

That you from TSI?

Indeed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back