Texecom 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what's the latest revision of the veritas 8

The one, I've just purchased is rev 5 firmware 3 22.

Looking at installation Manuel it shows 5 replaceable fuses on mine only 1 fuse the rest are soldered to the PCB.

Thanks, Ray.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nope but when you buy texecom products the year and week they were made is on the packaging and usually on the whiye labels on the products. PCB's used to have yellow stickers on with the manufactured date plus 6 months added, not checked for one in ages to be fair.

so if made today the yellow sticker would be 09/03/22 if my maths is right but 2136

Nope but when you buy texecom products the year and week they were made is on the packaging and usually on the whiye labels on the products. PCB's used to have yellow stickers on with the manufactured date plus 6 months added, not checked for one in ages to be fair.

so if made today the yellow sticker would be 09/03/22 if my maths is right but 2136

Mine as 2129 on the packaging no yellow stickers only reason asking the box panel came in was tatty looked old.
I Will be replacing a 29-year-old Rascal+panel with the Texecom tomorrow DIY the first time for me fingers crossed.

Thanks, Ray

so made about 7 weeks ago, so its certainly new, don't think the Veritas has had any revisions for a fair while.

Need a bit of help?. replace the control panel all went well did walk test all as should be strobe & sounders all good.
The problem I have is trying to disable landing PIR a night tried part set suite think I must be doing wrong any help, please would be great.

Ray

Prog 51 is the part set suite.
The zones that are lit are the zones that are on in part 1
The zones that are not lit are off in part 1
Eg if landing pir is zone 2 then that needs to be off.
To set alarm part set 1 then just press part,alarm will start to set .
Zone 2 will be off in display.

Prog 51 is the part set suite.
The zones that are lit are the zones that are on in part 1
The zones that are not lit are off in part 1
Eg if landing pir is zone 2 then that needs to be off.
To set alarm part set 1 then just press part,alarm will start to set .
Zone 2 will be off in display.
OK got as far as turning the zone of in prog 51 then pressed part, alarm set PIR was off on landing opened front door alarm went off no sound from bell box is that normal?
internal sounder went off and the strobe on the bell box was flashing

Thanks Ray

Last edited:
Defaukt is programed as internal sounder only on part set. Press 01, turn option 2 off. The installation manual is readily available online

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back