Texecom App Alarm Trigger Notifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a premier elite setup with smart com connected, all working as it should, get all the usual notifications etc...

My only gripe is that when an alarm event is triggered, I only get the normal 1 simple notification, I’d of thought there should be an option to have an alarm or tamper alert to have a more severe action from the app, ie a ringtone or Clock alarm style idea that will stop when I accept or acknowledge on my phone.

Obviously if I’m asleep and my alarm goes off I’m never going to wake up with the one notification.

I know I could go down the dialler route, but would of hoped that the smartcom and app would suffice...

Im just curious if it’s been asked before or any suggestions to make this happen?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
look at alert sounds in the app.

as for which notifications you get look at the program digi, under reporting.

Hi, yeh I already get the Alarm triggered alerts, when I click on the alert sounds in the app it only lists Standard or Texecom, but both are just 1 simple quick sound, ideally a longer lasting clock alarm style idea

Sponsored Links
My lock screen just does the normal notification sound.

I've been playing about with this tonight, i've setup email notifications for a user, then on my iphone i've put the texecom email address that the notifications come from as a VIP address. Which then allows me to setup a custom notification so i can pick an long alarm style sound when an email is received from the smartcom. Works good in theory but means i need to change my ARC reporting to purely just Alarm Triggers.

Ideally i would like to still recieve the arm/disarm normal notifications on the app, but obviously not receive an email when the system is disarmed/armed. Is it possible to assign specific users to different ARC's?
IE: 1 user setup normal, and logged into my app so it gets all notifications, then 1 user setup in another ARC that only reports Alarm triggers and turn on email notifications for that user???

The alarm sound is certainly noticeable on the app, the other less so.

You need to feedback this to Texecom directly either on there forum or email them.

It has been raised about customisation for individual users as to what is and isn't received although haven't seen any movement on this yet.

Not sure you can easily achieve what you want as it stands unfortunately

When you say the alarm sound, Do you mean the standard or Texecom one in the settings? Thanks

in the app, the alert sound is different for the alarm if Texecom sounds is selected

Hi, yeh I already get the Alarm triggered alerts, when I click on the alert sounds in the app it only lists Standard or Texecom, but both are just 1 simple quick sound, ideally a longer lasting clock alarm style idea
If you choose 'Texecom' sounds you'll still get your normal 'alert sound' that's been setup in either iOS or Android but when an intruder alarm is triggered the phone will set off a siren sound that keeps on going

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back