texecom app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help needed keep getting message handshake failed server error my wife's app is ok on her phone tried downloading new app rebooted hub still no joy .
thanks

Sponsored Links
So your having trouble on your phone but not your wife’s. Suggests issueis related to your phone?

Did have someone message me directly on what’s app at 9.30pm with that message but when replied at 22:15 on what help they needed they didn’t respond.

so my first question is what phone and has it had an update.

power cycle phone /smart device in first instance.

I had the same problem this morning. Tried to log in with the app and got the server error 'handshake failed' message. I am running the original V1 Texecom connect app on my Samsung S10e phone (Android 12). App was working fine yesterday morning. The app works fine on my wife's iPhone and on my old Honor 9 smartphone (Android 9). Perhaps something to do with Google apps on my Samsung updating overnight?

I tried deleting the app but when I came to reinstall from Google Play Store, only the Texecom Connect V2 app is available. So I registered and entered the activation code, but it then asked me to enter an Installer ID, which I don't have (never needed with the V1 app). I will need to contact my installer tomorrow.

Okay if you haven’t updated your smart com version you may need to get the smart com replaced.

see other thread on here where Texecom replaced unit foc.

the installer may need to update panels firmware if this is also behind.

Menu 4 to get current panel firmware, app and smart coms current version available from app that’s working still.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies my phone is a honor 10 my wifes is a samsung never had a problem before . The installer not responding to his phone so I'm stuck at the moment

Several reports of this "Handshake failed" problem on Android phones, none on ios so far. It might be a Texecom problem, I would hold off making any changes for a few days to see if it gets fixed.

Thank you i will give it a few days i can use my wife's phone hope texecom get it sorted

V1 apps are effectively obsolete, should have phased in V2 with panel firmware updated and smart com firmware updated some time ago.
As for android checked some devices back here on the office but all on V2 app and no issues.

@pcaouolte any confirmation on android versions and app and smart com versions, as I haven’t seen any issues. That said all the reports I have seen were saying. V1 app only. But not heard anything official yet

No confirmation of Android versions yet but the problem does seem to be related to the V1 app. Migrating users to the V2 app and updating the SmartCom firmware has resolved the problem so far.

No confirmation of Android versions yet but the problem does seem to be related to the V1 app. Migrating users to the V2 app and updating the SmartCom firmware has resolved the problem so far.

those with smart coms and having issues need to post the versions they have and panel versions so that they can be advised accordingly.

If your smart com wont upgrade you need to contact Texecom please see other thread on Replacements.

those with smart coms and having issues need to post the versions they have and panel versions so that they can be advised accordingly.

If your smart com wont upgrade you need to contact Texecom please see other thread on Replacements.
My smart com version is 3.03.00, and panel type is Elite 24 with firmware 5.00.02. Are these the latest revisions, or do I need to upgrade the smart com? Many thanks.

Texecom has received reports of Texecom Connect V1 displaying a "Server handshake error". We are investigating the fault, which appears to have started on Saturday. It is not occurring on all Android devices, and Iphone appears to be unaffected.

We will update further when we know more. In most regions, Texecom Connect V2 is available for download and customers can upgrade just by installing Texecom Connect V2 on to a device that already has V1 installed.

Do not delete Connect V1 until you have installed Connect V2 and completed your site migration.

Users can migrate to V2 by following the instructions in this video.

The Texecom Connect playlist also includes other videos that show installer managed migrations.

My smart com version is 3.03.00, and panel type is Elite 24 with firmware 5.00.02. Are these the latest revisions, or do I need to upgrade the smart com? Many thanks.
Yes you should be able to go to V2 without issue see video posted

Hoping they fix this. I'm currently avoiding upgrading to v2. I don't have an installer I trust anymore as my previous installer messed me about. With v2 I will therefore loose functionality by upgrading. Hopefully v1 gets fixed or I might have to find another solution

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back