texecom app

I am having issues migrating to the new version. I installed v2 and when I opened it, the app asked me to update the v1 app to proceed with migration, and then redirects me to Google Play, but there's no option to upgrade the v1 app. I did this before finding out it was a widespread issue, so I uninstalled the v1 and proceeded with the v2, but now I am stuck, and I don't have an installer as the alarm came with the house. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
need to know version of panel and version of smart com.

These details are in the app. If that’s no longer available then menu 4 on the panel tells me the version of the panel.

Texecom did replace smart coms that weren’t upto date see thread on here about contactTexecom about this.

Texecom are allowing end users to set up a texecom cloud account although you didn’t need this originally to update V1 to V2.

If your still stuck pm me and I will see what I can do to sort things but won’t be free until Wednesday night / Thursday to have an in-depth look.

Worst case panel needs flashing up and smartcom replacing.

For those without flashers and usb com leads we can look at lending some perhaps under a deposit system. And paying for postage to return.

Once V2 is sorted upgrades can be done remotely so you won’t need t the flasher at that point.

It’s a bit of a mess, all our customers have had things updated as we go along so upto date and therefore no major issues.

I have gone over to v2 app on 2 phones no problem everything seems fine so far fingers crossed .My installer not answering his phone think he might have stopped doing alarms.

Sponsored Links
Good register on the texecom cloud and you can update the panel etc from there will need engineers code

need to know version of panel and version of smart com.

These details are in the app. If that’s no longer available then menu 4 on the panel tells me the version of the panel.

Texecom did replace smart coms that weren’t upto date see thread on here about contactTexecom about this.
Panel is 4.03.00 and smartcom is 03.03.00, are these the latest one?
I did manage to get the v2 working now, luckily I had another phone with the v2 still installed and managed to migrate. Then I generated an app code for a second user via the v2 app and used it to get access on the original phone, as if I tried to do it via the code from the keypad it kept saying that there was no panel in the cloud. All sorted anyway, glad this forum exists :)

if I don't have an installer and want to self manage my texecom - what functionality do i loose y upgrading to v2? i'm trying to find info. I'm a bit nervous updating if i will loose functionality.

You lose nothing. Or at least shouldn’t.

V1 is discontinued so won’t be supported at some point at all I suspect.
You need a texecom cloud account.
You can flash the panel up and t he smart com from the account

If you pay you can also have access to some other things, that is your choice and you would have to decide.

Apologies for jumping onto this post but I too have the handshake error on my Huawei P30 pro. It's only recently since having the error. My panel is Elite 24 with 5.02.01 and smartcom is 2.01 firmware I've downloaded the V2 app but cannot get any further than the attached pic. When I do click on 'upgrade' it just sends me to Google play store page. I'm unsure what to do as now I can't even log into the V1 app to transfer the settings. Any advice is welcome.
Screenshot_20221107_181702_com.texecom.Texecom_cld.jpgScreenshot_20221107_181707_com.android.vending.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly, I would set up a Texecom cloud account, add your panel to the system and then upgrade your firmware of the smart com to the latest version and we should be able to do this as your on version 2 of the smart com firmware.

if your unsure and free in the next 5-10 minutes I can look at this for you.

PM me, will need an app code less than 60 minutes old and the engineers ode

Firstly, I would set up a Texecom cloud account, add your panel to the system and then upgrade your firmware of the smart com to the latest version and we should be able to do this as your on version 2 of the smart com firmware.

if your unsure and free in the next 5-10 minutes I can look at this for you.

PM me, will need an app code less than 60 minutes old and the engineers ode
I can't set up a cloud account as it's asking for company name, company number and vat number which doesn't apply as I'm just an end user

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back