TEXECOM COM GSM PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO,
I'm hoping somebody could please help to help resolve a problem with a Texecom 24 and Texecom com GSM modem' the GSM works fine and responds to commands to from my Mobile phone (Satus, Arm, darm, and sending MESS etc, but it will not send any alarm details after I trigger an alarm. The firmware is ver 8 which according to Texecom support is ok, and they just said to check ARC setting, which I've done, but I'm not 100% sure what some of the settings should be, I would appreciate some help with this please Dave

Sponsored Links
Go into arc settings
Put mobile number in arc telephone pri/sec
Protocol sms messaging
Select reporting options
Tick priority alarms for pa
Tick alarms
Tick area a,b,c,d
Also go into areas and select options and select full arm and part arm coms
Now try ?

In arc
Your alarm will area A on a 24 but if the area is not selected it will not send text ?
How are you programming ?
By keypad or wintex?

Sponsored Links
In engineer
Press 7 yes
Scroll down to program digi pressyes
Arc 1 press no scroll down to sms message press yes
Enter mobile number in primary press yes
Keep pressing yes until report area make sure A,B selected press yes
Reports P and A select
Press yes
Come out of engineer and test ?

Hi looks like everything is setup as your instructions still no text,it's funny that if i set the alarm with a outside door open it sets the alarm condition. Shall we continue tomorrow dave

Check dil switches on GSM unit
1 on
2 off
3 on
4 off
You say you can send sums to panel ?
If you send your code number space then status what do you receive ?
If you have checked that reports in are are set up for panic alarm and intruders,now try trigger alarm.set off alarm on more than one zone and leave to ring for while before you turn off
Have you got credit on GSM SIM card ?

you need to enable digi in digi options (7 (UDL /DIGI OPTIONS) YES, ( 4 (DIGI OPTIONS) YES, NO,1, YES), and in ARC1, you need the correct comport and in config gsm selected.

Apologies for the delay in reply the sim card i'm using is tesco with credit and if I send status I get a reply "printer header" followed by "armed" or "disarmed" and setting/ unsetting the alarm with mobile works fine,but no reply when alarm triggered.
SECURE I AM
Under digi options item 7 is't available only 6 options, I thought I would send the settings that i have used
PROGRAM DIGI
SMS set and mobile 1 set number set and appears to be working
ACCOUNT NUMBER ****** says leave blank but about 5yrs ago I managed to use a laptop on the modem 2400 which is installed on the panel and the account num was 123456
DIAL ATTEMPTS 03
REPORTS
PA****T*Y
CONFIG
***GF
DIGI OPTIONS
E**B*A
Hope that makes sense thanks for your help dave

sorry from entering engineering it says yes for zone setup, 7 (udl/digi options).....

you don't need blind dialling if your using a gsm module, dial all numbers only required if using more than 1 ARC, and GSM yes, gsm first only if you have sms going via the com 2400 as the back up aswell as.

account number isn't required as this is only for a monitoring centre that's providing keyholder or police response.

what does it say in your event log was set, alarmed and activated?
how was the panel set?

clearly the sim works as does the gsm to the commands, but sending out text messages for alarm events is a different thing.

The panel was set using a tag and the following was on the log file after generating an alarm
PROG START USER 00, ALARM ABORT, SYSTEM DISARMED TAG 06, ALARM ACTIVE,BELL ACTIVE, RECENT ARMED, ZONE 13 (MY BACK DOOR SENSOR)

I'm not using the 2400 modem could there be some settings in UDL SETUP conflicting

It said to leave the account blank is ****** ok also when I fitted the modem turned off the power and disconnectED the battery the date and time was corrupt after switching back on,maybe something in the memory is corrupt,
and I'm thinking of a NVM POWER ON RESET?.
My panel is several years old maybe there is an incompatibility problem dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back