Texecom COM IP - Problem Notification (and test call)

Just another small update. I changed the 'Protocol Options 2' back to as before with all Com Ports selected.... and now I am getting the message to Montex (and app) again on a test call....

That said, still no emails - only one from three days ago...

Sponsored Links
So when you look at the comports which one is the com ip unit connected to.

ARC1 programmed as
ARC2 programmed as

Physically, the Com-IP is attached to Com Port 1 and configured as such. In all three ARC configs 'Protocol Options 2' I have all ports toggled to 'on' (because when I had them as just 'Use ComPort1' I lost all messages going out).

that means your sending down all ports (1,2,3), so sounds like the system isn't right.

com1 and com 2 are next to each other on all panels 12W/24W48W/64W/88/168/640 except the 24, where they are at other ends of the board from each other.

You also haven't sent the keypad screenshot of that setting or how the comports are programmed, what panel and version of panel are you on (menu 4 on keypad).

Sponsored Links
Will do... I'm away again this week. Will take screenshots as soon as I get back.

2022-04-28 20.22.03.jpg
2022-04-28 20.22.07.jpg
2022-04-28 20.22.12.jpg
2022-04-28 20.22.16.jpg
2022-04-28 20.22.20.jpg
2022-04-28 20.22.23.jpg

I seem to be in a position now where I get notifications on the app, but no emails. Emails are generated at Texecom end, so guess there is not a lot I can do from this end to fix that. I note that the more I dig around in the Digi menu I end up with ATS faults (which sometimes I can clear). When I get a chance will text alarm. As long as get notifications, then I can live with that setup.

Can’t help you unfortunately as you have so much going on, 3 arcs for a start.

emails are sent from Texecom server, so if you get the notification then if email address is still registered it should still com through.

however emails could be going to junk or blocked, you would need to speak with Texecom to confirm if emails have been sent on your account.

So I finally got around to testing the alarm at a decent time of day. I got both notifications and email (albeit to spam folder). I did get an 'ATS error' but I think that is because the Montex ARC 3 is not running today....

Can’t help you unfortunately as you have so much going on, 3 arcs for a start.

emails are sent from Texecom server, so if you get the notification then if email address is still registered it should still com through.

however emails could be going to junk or blocked, you would need to speak with Texecom to confirm if emails have been sent on your account.
I can cut that down once working. ARC 2 is just another account set up on partners iPhone. ARC 3 is to my local Montex.

I do wonder if all these issues were at Texecom end as you said a while back.

It appears to be working.

but you should not send down com 2 and 3 if the comport in use is actually com1.

Looks like it is all working as should be so guess this is resolved. I still don't get emails, but I can live with that. I have totally removed ARC2 & ARC3 now, and have set ARC1 to Com Port 1 only.....

091e6bca-4f45-42bd-a90a-b87f35336e2a.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back