Texecom Control Timers - How to arm the garage at night?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the process of installing a Texecom Premier Elite 48 control panel. My configuration is:
Area A (Downstairs ex. Garage) = 4 x PIRs, 1 x front door magnetic catch.
Area B (upstairs) = 1 x PIR
Area C (Garage) = 1 x PIR, 1 x magnetic catch.

I am using the wintex software and I have read the Master User Guide here:
http://www.texe.com/uk/uploads/INS177-7_Premier_Elite_Series_Master_User_Guide_(2).pdf

However I am confused about the Control timers. I would like Area C (the garage) to arm itself every day at midnight and disarm at 7am SILENTLY (i.e. the keypad does not beep and wake people up). If the area has been armed manually then it should not auto disarm in the morning.The user guide does not go into detail about how to accomplish this.

I have set Control Timer 1 - Time A to come on at 0:00 every day and off at 07:00 at every day. Chime is set to OFF. Area c has an arming mode of Instant and the following values:

Exit Delay 30 seconds
Entry Delay 1 45 seconds
entry delay 2 45 seconds
second entry time 30 seconds
dell delay time 0 seconds
bell duration time 15 mins
comms delay time 0 seconds
part bell delay time 0 seconds

According to the Event log:

00:00:00 - Auto Arm Started
00:05:00 - Exit Started
00:05:10 - Area(s) Time ARMED
07:00:00 - Area(s) Time DISARMED

last night it started beeping loudly at some time after 12. I don't think it was a full 5 mins though - it felt like a couple of mins.

Questions:
1. What is this 5 minute delay between Auto Arm Started and Exit Started for?
2. What is the 10 second delay between the Exit Started and Areas Armed?
3. How do I make it do all this silently?
4. I went away at the weekend and armed the full system before I left. However I can see from the event log that Area C was disarmed at 07:00. How do I stop this?

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Sponsored Links
The timer works on the days is set.

You would have to disable the timer feature see page 42 of the manual link.

The time arming sound I would have to double check on what options are available from master code/ it may be that you require an engineers code to schieve what you want.

I am on the move so I wont be sble to get back to you until later today.

Texecom technicak is open from 8.00am i your in a rush.

Or someone on here nsy be able to answer of the top of there head.

Thanks Hoover.

I spoke with Tech Support.

1. This is normal.
3. There is no way to disable the beeping for 5 mins
4. This behaviour is 'correct' and cannot be changed. This should be handled manually by the holiday feature.

However I found Areas-->Options-->Option 02: 'Part Alarm Silent' option so have tried setting this. However I suspect that this will just stop the beeping for the final 10 seconds and not the full 5 mins.

New question:

5. Is there anyway to reduce the 5 mins to '0'?

okay we have a couple of things we can do.

pm me and I can discuss your setup in more detail.

I will need to ask you certain questions about your set up to work out the best solution but don't think its a good idea to discuss your setup in a public forum just in case.

the part arm unfortunately is not the same as arming an area.

Sponsored Links
A million THANKS to Hoover who was very patient and took me through this and is now working! Hurahh!

The solution you ask? Well let me tell you:

Zone 4 was previously free. We ran a single wire from the outer (right) tamper terminal to the OP1- (output 1) terminal.

Zone 4 was then changed to a type of 'Latch Key' and added to the same zone as the Garage (C). Zone Wiring is set to Normally Open.

Panel Output 1 was then set to a Group Type of 'Control Timer' and then I selected the timer I wanted.

The Control Timer was then set to come on at midnight and go off in the morning. I do get a single beep when it arms but that is fine with me as it isnt enough to wake me up, but if I am awake it lets me know it is armed.

So, to explain, the latch key zone triggers the alarming of the area when it is triggered. By hard wiring the output to zone 4 we can triggered this using a control timer. This area is then armed without the 5 minutes of confirmations tones etc.

To prevent the Control Time disarming if the alarm is set I have added the garage to 2 areas so that if the control timer disarms one of them the other will still be armed. This is currently untested though.

Thanks again
Kevin

I have pm'd you as I am not sure we discussed the last bit and I have a few concerns about it.

I have looked at your other post and think we need to through the panel top to bottom on how you want it to work so we can make it complete and robust for you.

Glad the time arm output solution did what you wanted it to.

It would be good if all this "pm me and I can discuss your setup in more detail. " was not done so much.

This is a DiY forum, people (scores, hundreds) come here for help and that regular reply does not help them, only the one.

Hi Europlex, I would normally agree with you, but the 20 or so emails that have gone between Hoover and me over the past week would add nothing to this thread and would just add noise. That said it is incredibly annoying when you find someone who has the same problem only to find the final message says "please pm me" or, even worse when someone says "actually, don't worry I fixed it by myself". That is why I post a clear and concise solution to the original post so other people can benefit. I will do the same again for this outcome. Thanks, Kevin.

I must admit, I learnt something there, as did not realise you could apply an input to one side of the tamper terminal to change that zones status.

Assume that's how I read it anyway!

That confused me too! Apparently when you are using normally open/closed you use the outer terminals I.e. One alarm and one tamper.

Hi Europlex

What I don't want to do is fill the forum with complete system information.
Or information that's not been proven to work on a given system.

Personally when I look for a solution to a technical query say on a washing machine or car, I spend ages wading through the rubbish posted to find the actual solution to the problem.

hence why the solution to query is posted and I am trying to make sure as much as possible that the right solution is done.

As it happens there is some confusion between what is wanted and whats been asked for in this case but to get to this stage lots of correspondence has been going on in the back ground.

If all the correspondence was shown on here it would just make it hard to read for anyone.

Often when a person is helped in pm I rely on them getting back to me to inform me it has worked, before posting a solution, where a solution requires in depth personal settings of a system I will not post a solution publicly, unless I can obscure these without compromising the solution integrity.

solutions at this level for Kevins issue are subject to possible firmware variations anyone wishing to try this with there panel is more then welcome to but if they have any issues with it, they can pm me and I will see if I can come up with a suitable work around for them, and that could also be posted.

please accept my apologies

If anyone finds a post where I have offered to go into more detail in pm and theres been no solution posted please let me know and I will update the thread with the current status.

All an alarm loop is a positive or a tamper negative comes from one side and back to the other terminal, you could do the old single wire return from tamper 0v or 12v + , so all that's been done is a zone set as keyswitch and linked to an output , same as you can connect a bell to an expander on the programable input on the bottom and just use one side of the loop for the tamper return from the bell.

All an alarm loop is a positive or a tamper negative comes from one side and back to the other terminal, you could do the old single wire return from tamper 0v or 12v + , so all that's been done is a zone set as keyswitch and linked to an output , same as you can connect a bell to an expander on the programable input on the bottom and just use one side of the loop for the tamper return from the bell.

The bell tamper is well documented how it works, using the 0v return.

Using just a single terminal of a zone is not documented as far as I know, and while I am sure it works just fine, was interested to know if this was something an engineer managed to determine them self, or if it is document somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back