Texecom elite 48 alarm via App issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an excellent Premier Elite 48 (upgrade with latest V6) installed in my house, all hardwired sensors and switches which have been working perfectly for a few years. I recently integrated a Smartcom CEL-001 V4.0 to the system and now have full control via the latest Texecom app on my phone.

I can arm and disarm the system by the keypad or App with no problems.

Now if the system is armed via the house keypad only and an alarm is triggered, I can easily disarm and silence the alarm by keypad or App.

BUT if the system is armed by the App and triggered, I can only disarm and silence it by the App. The house keypad has no control whatsover to shut it up !

Is this normal ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Doesn’t sound normal to me you should be able to arm and disarm via keypad or app.

Version of panel (Menu 4)
Would need to see event log to see what the panel thinks it’s seeing

The panel is version 6.02.00.
But I'm wondering if all this has something to do with my other problem I've listed on here regarding Part arming ?

Total factory reset is on the cards right now !

I think its sorted now.
It seems to be connected to a problem I had with part arming on my other post.

Under 'Keypad setups' I had the "Use keypad area" unselected for some reason. After ticking it, I now have full control of my keyboard under any circumstance :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah possibly, but I did notice after powering down my alarm and removing battery to move it to its new location, the tick box was unticked again when I started it up. It seems to have the box unticked in my default settings in the NVM ? ? All these problems seem to have appeared just after I moved the alarm last week !

Also why does the clock revert back to its original birthday time when all power is removed ?
I would have thought equipment of this standard would have at least a memory capacitor or some sort of battery for the clock ?

no power no time keeping, a few alarm panels have a capacitor or small battery this can cause other issues.

Like when a manufacturer changes how the time is calculated after a firmware update as the system keeps power it can’t change to the new time mode happened on Orisec panel caught me by surprise had to discharge the cap so there was no power at all for the clock to accept the new firmware timings.

Takes seconds to update date and time after a full power diwn.

Pyronix panels take the time off the network ….( when comms fitted ) about time texecom sorted this !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back