Texecom Elite 48

Yep I have the metal Panel.

Is the USB-Com good too baring in mind my Panel is in my server room anyway so can run USB to one of my servers ?

Sponsored Links
com wifi/ com-ip allows acess over the network/internet. USB is for local connection.

so if it was for the app or wintex only I would certainly use comip or comwifi, if its to flash the panels firmware as well than you would need the usb and the separate flasher unit also.

depends on what you want to do.

I want to be able to use Wintex to configure. Im sure someone on here said I can use Com-USB to use Wintex.

Sponsored Links
lol

the usb com lead will require you to open the panel every time you want to connect to the panel unless you create external access not recommended and you are effective joined to the panel, so depending on how its situated will depend on how easy it is for you to hold your laptop whilst connected.

the comwifi and the comip will allow you to sit in your armchair with laptop or windows tablet to hand and connect to the panel if you have access to the network or internet.

the usb com lead will however with a flasher unit allow you to flash the alarm panel whereas the com ip and comwifi won't.

so it depends on what you want from it, also you can use the free Texecom user app with the comip and comwifi and get alerts sent to your phone and email address, something that cant be done with the usb com.

Ahh I see, the way I was going to do it is run the cable direct to one of my servers which I have connection to anyway and run a virtual machine with Wintex on. Then I can remote into the Virtual Machine whenever needed to run Wintex.

Can do it from my armchair then :)

However the alerts would be very useful!

As so often with alarm systems these days, its about the best fit for your needs and budget especially diy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back