Texecom Elite 64 Keypad starts ringing - alarm stays silent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Weird things started happening about 2 weeks ago (it happened twice now). Randomly (while the alarm is disarmed), my Elite 64 wireless keypad starts ringing... I think it said on the display that there was a temper alert - but as I thought it would wake up the entire neighbourhood I cleared it directly.
It didn't look like the entire alarm (including the external ringer) went off, though. I also didn't get a notification about an alert on the app...
Any idea what this could cause / how to fix this? The batteries in the keypad were only swapped for the same models 6 months ago... Maybe the cold triggers something? It was fine in all previous winters, though...

Thanks a lot and happy weekend!

Sponsored Links
A Premier Elite Panel will say where the tamper is from, so what is the full message?

A Premier Elite Panel will say where the tamper is from, so what is the full message?
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply! Is there a way to retrieve the message? I didn't pay attention got rid of the alert by putting in my PIN.
Thanks!

If it’s cleared then tamper issue is currently resolved or no longer reporting.

check the event log. This is in the user and engineer manuals.

so please take a look

Sponsored Links
Hi mate -
Thank you so much for your help! I figured out how to find the log. It only said "Zone 9 temper" followed by "Zone 9 restore".
Zone 9 is my wireless keypad... Weird?
Any idea what could cause this?
Cheers :)

battery low, unit not put together properly.

not on site so be guessing but check the keypad out and it’s batteries

battery low, unit not put together properly.

not on site so be guessing but check the keypad out and it’s batteries
Yeah... Will check it out tomorrow. It's a bit weird... Batteries are only 6 months old, of the same make and model as the previous ones that lasted more than 2-3 years... And I obviously also didn't make any changes to the setup since...

Quick question... When I changed the batteries, I made sure to replace one at a time so that the keypad wouldn't be turned off and on again (worried that it wouldn't reconnect otherwise). Is that worry justified or should it be ok to take all the batteries out at once?

I'll keep you posted - thanks a million!

I always take them all out. Press a few buttons to run down any residual power.

Then put the batteries in.

Just you don’t want to learn th keypad if promoted.

I always take them all out. Press a few buttons to run down any residual power.

Then put the batteries in.

Just you don’t want to learn th keypad if promoted.
Ok... If it asks me to learn I'll press the no button

Finally found some time to do it earlier...
Engineers code, unscrew, take off wall, batteries out, press some buttons to release the final current inside, wait a few seconds, batteries back in, said no to learning, it found the ricochet instantly...
I made sure to push the batteries in properly and tightened the screw a bit more... Could imagine that the keypad moved a bit in its fitting and that triggered the two random tampers...
Still odd that it didn't trigger a full alarm (incl outside siren)...
Let's hope that was the last time this tamper alert popped up...
Thanks so much @secureiam - you're awesome!

Hmmm... Had a few more keypad tampers recently... It looks like they might get triggered by changes in temperature in my hallway? Not sure... Do you think it's faulty (and needs replacement) and/or are there other elements I could check apart from the batteries? Thanks a lot :)

Also took a video if helpful... and attached a screenshot
Screenshot_20240113_124420_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240113_124422_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240113_124415_Gallery.jpg

I think its more likely that its not seated correctly and as the temperature changes the difference in expansion and contraction make the difference.

need side and top views and the back plate view.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back