Texecom elite 64-w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
System been fixed about 4 years, never had any issues. Just wondering if my control panel is at fault.
Over last week, several problems.
Tamper issues on several pirs and door contacts And low battery. Changed the batteries, and checked the tamper. Still alert with battery and tamper. I decided to omit the offending ones till I had time. Cleared fault.
Today system is now alerts for supervision fault on all the remaining sensors and RF jamming alert.
Only hardware wired is a keypad, all others are wireless.

Software version is version 6.02.02
TIA

Sponsored Links
Radio jamming wont be helping you, the question is whether its caused by your wireless devices or others in the vicinity.

i would replace the batteries in all the wireless devices, then do a walk test to establish that they are all reporting in, may be worth you redoing the ricochet mesh also after replacing all the batteries.

I replaced the batteries this morning, I'll do a walk test later, not sure why the rf jamming has suddenly appeared, not been an issue before.
I had thought of just doing a factory reset and see what happens, bit of a pain though

Factory reset will not solve radio jamming, just wasted effort.

You need to find the source of the radio jamming of which there are many possibles.

Anything that uses 868 frequency to communicate:-

so heating controls
wireless alarm devices
modern street lamps with aerials

The list goes on unfortunately. Has been covered on many forums including this one.
Finding the source is the tricky bit.

Sponsored Links
By the sounds of it, might be better having a wired system, previously had the vertitas 8 system for for about 15 years, never had any problems.

Just checked, my honeywell heating system works on the same 868 frequency, been installed now for a year, not sure why it could be causing issues now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back