Texecom Elite Alarm System problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

I have recently moved into my house. I did not arm my system today as was only out for an hour.

On my return the system faults alarm was ringing. I entered my alarm code but the panel was unresponsive. Then I noticed the time had also stopped and was stuck on 11:23:04

The only thing I could do to stop the alarm (just internal system alarm alerts) was to turn of the AC and disconnect the battery.

Now the alarm will not restart. On the panel it says V10.100 Add=001 W=0,0_S=(some funny letter a with symbols above)

Any ideas what I need to do now?

I conneted the power back in the order that the manual says. Red lead to battery then black then AC.

Also the power button is flashing even tho the system has batter and AC power.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rob

Sponsored Links
firstly look at the network terminals inside the panel what are the LED's doing?

the keypad displays what you suggest when it has power to it only and can not see the network, the leds for the network will tell me if theres a short on the T and R or not.

then take it from there.

Thanks so much secureiam. There was a red light on circuit board where network was labeled. I have had to disconnect the power now as the internal system faults alarm would not turn off but before the power was disconnected I made a note of the lights etc. There was a green LED light next to the load default button. This was just green and on. No flashing.

Thanks in advance

above the network connections Tx and an Rx green and red leds?

system faults wont turn off if you cant access your keypad, the fact that your keypad goes from displyaing what it would no no T and r connections to what it would with these connections i suggest you look at these terminations on your keypad and at the panel.

the Rx and Tx lights above the network should be on and the red light should flash the green light has a slight flicker.

Sponsored Links
Hi Secureiam. Only a red light above the Rx. No green light. What would cause this connection to the network to suddenly stop? All wires into the Tx and Rx look good. No lose connections. Also would the loss of connection cause the keypad clock to freeze?

Sounds like a cable fault. If you have spare cores on the cable replace both ends. All data comes from panel so if no data is reaching keypad then the clock and keypad display will remain frozen.

Thanks Alarm Engineer. We have two keypads one on each level. Both were frozen and unresponsive. Shall I replace both ends of both keypads or is it likely to just be one end on the circuit board side. Also forgive my lack of knowledge which cables should I replace the ones leading into Tx and Rx?
Thanks in advance

so both keypad one is address 1 and the other address 2

is there two sets of wires in the panel for the network or just one set?

if two sets are in the panel, you can try one set/ try the other set, one of the keypads may work.
then its tracking down and swapping cores if you have spares.

Yes two sets in the panel for the network. Great thanks for the help. I will do this tomorrow and let you know the outcome. Kind regards. Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back