Texecom Elite Panel Setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently resurrected a thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...d-no-ats-available.552302/page-3#post-4885561 as I had a similar problem. Per that thread I had no success in fixing the problem and asked a professional to come and re-programme. They visited last week and were expecting a few simple configuration settings to fix the problem. However, after 1-2 hours of trying and spending some of that time on the phone to Texecom support they told me that somehow the actual control unit had become corrupted and needed a reset. They obviously couldn't do it at the time, so I agreed to try first.

I seem to have been successful as I did a 'load defaults' and then re-enrolled all the ricochet devices using Zones 9-21. I also added the outdoor siren to Zone 22.

I have some questions though:
1. I am trying to setup areas to allow the shed and garage to be part armed with the remainder of the house inactive (and ideally to do this with a smart key part arm?)
2. I would like to put the arming on a timer through either the front or back doors (not as it currently is setup to only arm when one of these doors opens and shuts)
3. I see the outside siren is setup as a 'custom' ... it seems to work (albeit delayed by 30sec from the indoor siren) but is there a different setting for this?
4. I have also setup a few PIR's as 'guard access' as I read that I should do this to allow the user to exit the house without triggering the alarm.

Would some kind expert help me set up these features? (Ideally without 2 steps in arming?)

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
I also get 'Door Now Open...' when I use my fob with the keypad? No doors are open and I just want the alarm arm (no other action ... but on a timed exit)

Areas don't exactly work as part arm.

Timed exit.

The bell box is automatically assigned correctly when learned on just needs areas assigning.

30 second delay maybe because you started entry hard to say without knowing sequence of events but you can set second entry delay to 0

Guard access is not the way, as it will affect the part set functionality. To be fair depends on where you are among the system from and going to

If you want an expert to set it up with all the complexities maybe you should employ an expert?

Although sounds like the previous expert wasn't one.

If you ask specific questions you will get more specific answers but the experts that reside here answer in their own free time so please don't expect someone to devote hours to sorting out your issues.

Sponsored Links
You need to be very specific on how you want things to work.

It is possible to make this panel do so many things, but you have to be very specific how you want it to work.

Part arm 1 could be at up across all areas, which would be required if you want to use the smart key part arm function

Thank you ... I recognise you are doing this in spare time... so I will give your time respect!

When the rest of the family are not in bed I will try your suggestions and be more specific ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back