Texecom - failing wired door contact?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fully wired Texecom system that is about 7 years old. Over the past couple of months, the alarm has sounded twice for zone 001, the front door contact. The magnet is mounted within the door frame so it's all hidden and cable runs inside the wall, it is wired EOL.

When the alarm sounds, I don't get a text alert. When I get home and open the door, the alarm sounds again and only then do I get a text which says REARM LOCK 001.

Attached is the log from Wintex. I had a quick read up on re-arm but I don't fully understand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• AlarmLog.jpg
    AlarmLog.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
at default rearm lock is set to 3.

a zone that goes active 3 times during a set is then locked out (doesnt activate a 4th time during that set period) as it is considered dodgy and would continue to trigger the alarm and be a real nuisance.

I would look at replacing the contact.

Making sure the magnet is lined up properly.

short term you could change your PIR facing the door to e/e, program the contact off and change your arming mode to timed.

this way you still have an alarm until its repaired properly

That's awesome, thank you secureiam. I will order a new door contact and replace the resistors in there too at the same time. Just checked and they line up perfectly. Why didn't I get a text when the alarm went off though, I only got a text when I returned home and opened the door? Would putting the front door contact in 'test' also stop this until I get it swapped?

You can get units with built in resistors (easier usually to set up).

To be fair I am not sure how it would work with the door contact on test, as this is responsible for starting the entry and if on e/e mode for setting it could cause issues potentially and to prove or disprove that it would require testing on the panel variant you have to be 100% certain.

Sponsored Links
Ah I see. Thanks. I did try to look for ones with them built in but didn't have any luck. I have the flush mounted ones, so the cable comes into the door frame from in the wall, and a 20mm (I think) hole is in the door frame that the wiring part sits in. The magnet part is drilled into the top of the door.

Well there we go! I'll have to whip out the old one and check depth of current hole as that one is longer. Thanks again!

Honest truth is I don't know for certain.

Firstly its an entry exit zone that has timed out, it has activated the bell so it should be seeing an alarm condition.

The panel version I don't know and I don't know the programming of the system and I don't know what coms module you have connected or how and how that is or isn't programmed.

Fair enough. I have the GSM connected. Texting works, it texts when the wife forgets to unarm the shed (seperate area) and it dropped me a text when I got home after it had gone off with this issue but no text at the point it was triggered.

Attachments

• ARC.png
    ARC.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 66
  • ComPort.png
    ComPort.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 63

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back