Texecom GSM issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
I think I'v got my texecom premier elite 24 set up properly now, a couple of niggles with the door sensors randomly showing tamper, which i think is the magnet being a little close, or the door moving in sunlight, but not 100% certain.
I've managed to get the fobs added to the users for the dog walker, my next door neighbour as keyholder, and my parents, to save all of them remembering a code.
I got the GSM module up and running, it responds to texts from my phone with status etc no problem, but it constantly reports no signal (which can;t possibly be true since it's responding to SMS) and i can;t figure out how to get it to send an SMS when the system is armed and when it's disarmed.

I haven't added the bellboxes yet, i figured I'd get it up and running stable for a couple of weeks before risking annoying the neighbours :)

I configured it via wintex, so possibly missed an option. anyone got any input?

Sponsored Links
Check the lid tamper spring ( depending on internal switch options) it may cause no signal again depending on panel and gsm unit software. The open close is set up in arc settings where you enter your mobile number in wintex it's the tick boxes

without checking the manual I think the signal strength was based on Vodafone sim being used but cant be certain.

You can check the signal strength in udl digi options setup modules, scroll down to the signal strength for gsm.

compare it, also if the signal strength is border line you will see it going low occasionally.

The options are to move the aerial, add a better high gain aerial to improve the signal.

Its possible you wont have to move it far to resolve the signal strength but hard to say for certain, I am aware of a few places up my way where the signal is very poor until you get into the middle of the house.

The gsm module will work on borderline signal but it may fail at a critical point if not addressed.

got it working, thanks for the tips
i tried moving the antenna, it was always registering no signal, no matter where i put it. then out of frustration, after several hours, i moved the GSM module to com 2, worked almost instantly. no complaints from the board.
i have no idea why, but if it works, it works :)

Sponsored Links
sounds like com2 was programmed as gsm module and not com1. If all you did was unplug from com1 and replug onto com 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back