Texecom Impaq SC - 4 core cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy folks!
I had my front door changed so had to remove the old AEA with a magnetic reed switch.

When taking it off, I noticed that the cable was only 4 core. I want to replace the unit for an Impact SC but see that it requires a 6 core cable.

Did my installer make a boo boo with this?

Image of original wiring.
IMG_1685.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Just to add, this is on the front door that controls the entry/exit trigger.

Is that your entry / exit door ?
Not good practice to install shock sensors on entry / exit door, due to high false alarms .
Can be wired with 4 core, what control panel do you have?

Yes entry exit door.
It’s a solid glass door which is why I wanted a shock sensor on it.
Premier elite 24.

Thanks!
Is that your entry / exit door ?
Not good practice to install shock sensors on entry / exit door, due to high false alarms .
Can be wired with 4 core, what control panel do you have?

Sponsored Links
That is a shock sensor without a Reed contact. What are you going to use as your entry device ?

Elite 24 can be wired EOL .

That is a shock sensor without a Reed contact. What are you going to use as your entry device ?

Elite 24 can be wired EOL .
Ah! It has a reed contact…..just didn’t take a pic of it.

This…
IMG_1680.jpeg

Are you wiring Reed contract in series with shock?

This is what is confusing me from the instructions -
'Note: The shock and contact functions must be wired as two separate zones in the panel.'

If the cable is only 4 core (2 for power and 2 for shock), what do wire into the mag terminals?

1686133466658.png

i spoke with texecom and they've said that i need another two cores to be screwed into the mag terminals on the impaq and then terminated into a seperate zone on the panel.......its impossible to run a new cable without taking up quite a few carpets and floorboards.....guess im going to have to go back to the external magnetic reed switch :(

how would you like it to work?

single zone for each contact and shock or combined onto 1 zone.

I happen to have one in the office and can take a quick look and confirm wiring later today after I have checked a few things on how it functions.

how would you like it to work?

single zone for each contact and shock or combined onto 1 zone.

I happen to have one in the office and can take a quick look and confirm wiring later today after I have checked a few things on how it functions.

Combined into one zone.

That would be amazing if you can confirm.

currently its wired to share the zone.

This is good news, but do you have 4 cores running into the SC….that’s my issue. The installer only ran a 4 core cable to the door. Every other cable is 6 core.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back