Texecom Impaq SC - 4 core cable

Probably a pair for power +&- and a pair for alarm.Then device wouldn't of had a tamper circuit.

Sponsored Links
how would you like it to work?
so, its on the front door.
I would like the shock and contact to work - its the entry/exit trigger for the alarm - i'm replacing an existing AEA shock with magnetic reed that was wired in in serial.

i only have a 4 core available - 2 cores are wired into the panel as zone 1 - marked as exit/entry.

Sponsored Links
To be fair it be better to have them on separate zones as the alarm wont set if the shock is active and you cant omit the zone.

so the best way is two zones with the reed being programmed as e/e.

the shock as guard or guard access with the force omit attribute turned on.

do you have some short pieces of cable not being used ?

To be fair it be better to have them on separate zones as the alarm wont set if the shock is active and you cant omit the zone.

so the best way is two zones with the reed being programmed as e/e.

the shock as guard or guard access with the force omit attribute turned on.

do you have some short pieces of cable not being used ?
I can get some cable, that’s not a problem.

How would the wiring work though?

I can’t run a new cable from the door to the panel.

This was done on a 64W but should be same on the 24 if not just move panel side to second terminal.

tried to make it clean.

Attachments

• SC seperate zones 4 cores.png
    SC seperate zones 4 cores.png
    306 KB · Views: 36
We are using 0V as the common terminal.

this will give device tamper and active on the shock zone using eol and active on the reed switch using normally closed.

It is not ideal but in this case it will do what is required without running a new cable.

colours used are for clarity on a white background, you will be using red black blue and yellow going back to the panel. blue to one zone and yellow to the other.

If you had resistors we could look at other options.

So then on the panel, I need 1 zone for the shock and 1 zone for the contact? Or do they go into the same zone?

different zones.

Zone 1 for the reed use first zone terminal
Zone 2 for the shock first zone terminal

The shock needs force omit attribute on or you may struggle to arm the house after shutting the door, it will kick back in once the device has settled back down.

If you have to force your door open you shouldn't use the shock.

different zones.

Zone 1 for the reed use first zone terminal
Zone 2 for the shock first zone terminal

The shock needs force omit attribute on or you may struggle to arm the house after shutting the door, it will kick back in once the device has settled back down.

If you have to force your door open you shouldn't use the shock.
Cool.

Ok, so on the panel, how do I wire that then, each zone will only have one wire from the SC. What do I put in the other terminal?

I guess in simple terms, you can say the Zone is made up of a common and a measuring terminal.

we dont have enough wires to have a common for each zone, so we supply the common terminal from the device itself.
When then wire to the measuring terminal so the change in state can be measured.

apologies noticed that the dipswitches are different on the diagram taken from the manual and the SC I have on the bench,

if using 2k2 4K7 double pole / eol wiring according zone wiring type on elite panel, then that device would be dip switch 2 and not dip switch 1, the unit I have in font of me is Dip 1 for 2k2 4k7.

so you may need to check your device for which resistor values to select.

so each zone has two terminals on the panel.
am i plugging the wire into the left or right terminal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back