Texecom KIT-0002 install issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Me and my dad decided to fit a Texecom wireless alarm system to my house. My dad is a retired electrician and I'm pretty good with technology and that, so we thought we would smash it. How wrong we were.

We've got the panel all powered up and 12v battery installed.
Connect the Keypad up to the PCB to the Engineers port.
PCB in commission mode.
Power up whilst holding down the load defaults.

From this point, we follow the prompts to silence the alarm, set the language, ricochet default and then to learn devices. Getting the keypad to connect with the panel wirelessly is an issue. We have to end up going into the zone menu, choosing zone 11 for example and learning the panel this way. Is this OK, or have we missed something here?

Once we manage to get the keypad up and running, we set zone 1 to 8 as unused as these are the hard wired zones. We set a door sensor to zone 9 and the hallway PIR to zone 10.

Back to the panel - take out of commission mode, lid back on panel.

At this point, the keypad is still saying there are faults - tamper on keypad and tamper on panel. I expected from this point that the system would just work???!!!

We've tried a fresh install 3 times now and don't seem to be able to get it over the line. Once I'm happy i can get the system up and running, I will learn all the other bits to it and off we go.

Sponsored Links
Well tampers on the panels and the keypad is usually down to the items not being put back together properly.

best to state the exact tamper error shown, panel lid tamper tells me the panel lid

keypads depends on the keypad, but often not put together properly or tamper not adjusted…...

Well tampers on the panels and the keypad is usually down to the items not being put back together properly.

best to state the exact tamper error shown, panel lid tamper tells me the panel lid

keypads depends on the keypad, but often not put together properly or tamper not adjusted…...
Hi,

But when you put the panel lid back on and put the keypad back on its mount, shouldn't they just self resolve and not show as an error?

I think what I may do is do a full clean install attempt again tomorrow, document what I have done and what's not working.

I can't remember the exact tamper errors shown.

The reason why I got the system was that doing a bit of reading and research into the installation, It didn't look easy, not did it look hard. Hence why I though me, plus my dad with all his experience could get it to work!

Does anyone know of a step by step guide to getting it up and running? I don't find the instructions that easy to follow (with me not being any sort of an expert in this field).

Sponsored Links
Yes and no.

Yes if they are put on correctly, wrt to the wireless keypad displays, you have to get the signal for it to update, which isn't instant but its relatively quick.

secondly the faults themselves don't clear as such until you have been in and out of the menus to do a user reset wrt to tampers (assuming you have the tampers secured).

This is so you are aware that its been tampered with I suspect

Yes and no.

Yes if they are put on correctly, wrt to the wireless keypad displays, you have to get the signal for it to update, which isn't instant but its relatively quick.

secondly the faults themselves don't clear as such until you have been in and out of the menus to do a user reset wrt to tampers (assuming you have the tampers secured).

This is so you are aware that its been tampered with I suspect
Hi,

Thanks, this is really helpful. I’m going to have another go tomorrow when I get home from work tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back