Texecom Elite 24 commissioning issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, struggling with getting into the Engineering Programming Menu on a Texecom Elite 24 system.

Background: I consider myself an advanced DIYer - for example recently I've installed a HikVision IP CCTV system with no issues at all - or, at least, none reading a few forums couldn't solve! 20 years ago i installed an Accenta G3 in my house. WE got a cat and it fell into disuse. A recent kitchen refurb meant the control panel had to come off and i though it would be a good opportunity to upgrade.

So, using the same wires, I've installed new window contacts, PIRs, Bellbox, panic buttons and keypad all purchased as a Texecom package. I've triple tested all the wiring for continuity and believe it to be sound.

My problem: I cannot access the programming mode. I follow the commissioning guidelines to start (factory default button + kick-start button, releasing default when green 'heartbeat' light is on) and the system goes into alarm which i can cancel by entering the default engineers code on the key pad. The heartbeat light flashes steadily as it should.

No matter what i do i can't get to the 'Confirm Devices' on the Engineering Programming Menu the commissioning guide confidently suggest as the next step.

I've tried logging out (0 & Yes) and then logging back in (using default engineer's code) and tried with the keypad addressing as both '1' and 'Engineers'.

When i enter the Engineers code the keypad cycles through a series of screens:
Box Lid tamper -> Mains power off -> Bell tamper -> panel lid tamper -> confirm devices -> PS Failure -> Zone 001 Tamper through to Zone 008 Tamper -> Alarm from Zone: Zone 001 Active through to Zone 008 Active -> Call Alarm Co. For service. -> Power O/P Fault System 12v and then settles with the display 'System Alerts! with the time/day displayed.

Pressing '1' to access Zone Set-up does nothing.

Note: I haven't tried using the Wintex software and (i) i don't have a cable (£40 ish) and (ii) i don't have the software which I understand is restricted to professional installers only. I was hoping to do it the hard way.

I do have a SmartCom to install (still in box) but understand that it not relly possible to program the system via the app.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
enter your code repeatedly.

1. system alerts when a valid code is entered it scrolls through the alerts
2. repeating the engineer or user code should get you into the menus, currently your just seeing the alerts.
3.if the panel has been powered up longer than 24 hrs then chances are you will need the user to enable the engineer (unless that option has been turned off).

Last edited:
As for programming the panel using the smart com, wintex can be used for the panel reprogramming, but you can not program the system as such via the app.

Sponsored Links
enter your code repeatedly.

1. system alaerts when a valid code is enetered it scrolls through the alerts
2. repeating the engineer or user code should get you into the menus, currently your just seeing the alerts.
3.if the panel has been powered up longer than 24 hrs then chances are you will need the user to enable the engineer (unless that option has been turned off).

Thanks - so simple! Can't see why I didn't do this. Always looking for a more complicated answer I guess!

Still working through all the options and error conditions i have but I'm sure I'll get there!

Thanks again.

Thanks - so simple! Can't see why I didn't do this. Always looking for a more complicated answer I guess!

Still working through all the options and error conditions i have but I'm sure I'll get there!

Thanks again.

Drec,
If you like any help on Wintex, i would like some more practise on it.

Chi

@Chi Wong really you expect someone to allow you to play with there profile and as a newcomer.

if you need training, there are places that do it.

Drec,
If you like any help on Wintex, i would like some more practise on it.

Chi

Hi @Chi Wong, if you read my original post you would have noted:

Note: I haven't tried using the Wintex software and (i) i don't have a cable (£40 ish) and (ii) i don't have the software which I understand is restricted to professional installers only. I was hoping to do it the hard way.

I'm not using Wintex and, apart from a couple of teething issues (see another thread) have managed to programme the system the hard way via the RKP which is surprisingly easy when you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the offer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back