Texecom Premier 48 help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a couple of problems with the alarm and as it's been a couple of years since I had the panel open I thought it was time to check the PSU and battery. I also wanted to replace the ethernet cable.
With engineer mode entered I opened the panel and immediately got a continuous tamper alarm sounding on the internal speaker only. On the many previous occasions I have had the panel open I have always been able to cancel the sound, but it's been so long that I can't remember how I did this :) After entering the engineer code again and trying various other buttons I could only stop the alarm by refitting the lid and exiting the engineer mode.

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but what should I be doing to cancel the sound?

Sponsored Links
Be interested what it said in the log, tamper doesn't normally activate a sounder if in engineer first

Here's the log. You'll see that I tried it twice. There's also a GSM alarm because I had to remove the antenna lead.

Capture.PNG

Sponsored Links
Only zone A, and nothing active.
Thinking back, when I have previously opened the panel it gave single intermittent beeps.

The tamper alarm doesn't appear to be assigned to an area. The only thin k I can think of are any areas assigned to panel tamper in area options? I am suspecting there isnt

Think you have hit the nail on the head ...I was thing along the lines when panel tamper is set for more than one area ...with one of those areas set ...

So panel tamper has to be set to Zone A, is that right?
I don't think think it ever has been. I've not had this problem before and nothing has been changed since I replaced the battery a couple of years ago.
I'll check that in the morning and report back.
Many thanks to you both for your advice.

Hi Sally,

It is an educated guess based on your account of what happened and what is in the event log.

At default the panel tamper is set only to area A.

The fact that no area is in the log against the panel lid tamper, suggests its probably not assigned to any Area.

Control is done by Areas assigned to engineers or user codes, the fact you had no control with a code confirms this, ie should have been able to silence a lid tamper with a valid code, but being in engineers it should never have caused the speaker to activate.

You could only cancel the tamper by securing the tamper.

Why its been changed I don't know, if that isn't the problem, you can send your profile for me to have a proper look.
It hasn't been tested to confirm, but I know I don't normally have internals sounding when in engineering and taking the cover off, and taking the cover off in day mode can be silenced with a valid user code/ engineers code usually.

I checked the options and panel tamper was set to Area ABC, so I changed that to A only. Now when I open the panel it just gives a brief tweet every 30 seconds, which I can stop by screwing down the tamper switch.
This is what I remember from when I replaced the battery a couple of years ago. I don't know how the setting changed, but it did.
This is the log now...

Capture2.PNG

Looking at the options, many are set to Area ABC. But I am only using Area A with some zones set to part arm.

Should I change them all to A only?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 266
If you generate a new default profile, that should tell you what is default A.

As you have no other areas having just A would be fine.

Strange how it logged the panel tamper as no area, yet assigned to all areas.
If the engineer or user was also assigned to all areas you should have been able to silence the alarm.

I checked, and Engineer was assigned to Area A only. I've now set it to ABC. When I get a chance later I'll open up the panel and see if that changes.
Since there is definitely nothing set to other Areas I just assumed they were irrelevant. Obviously not.
Is there any way of telling it specifically to ignore other areas?

I still have to get to grips with the other problem, which is that when there is a power cut I get a 12v power failure alarm, even though there appears to be nothing at all wrong with the PSU and it's always charged the battery fully. Is there a known problem with false PSU alarms? It's on firmware 2.09 which I know is old but didn't see any need to update.

I really appreciate the generous support here, having taken over this alarm that someone else installed. I had to make a lot of changes to it and I want to be totally confident with it but with limited hands-on time it's a slow process, even with the advantage of an electronics degree.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back