Texecom Premier 816 - "Output Short Pulse Timer" setting ignored.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been attempting to use a Texecom Premier 816/416 keypad output to control a light inside my garage. I have a Premier LCD/LCDL keypad and the garage zone is mimic'd to the keypad's output and lights an attached LED for perhaps a second. However any adjustment of the "Output Short Pulse Timer" is ignored. Does the "Output Short Pulse Timer" function work or is there some other condition that needs to be in place.

The "Output Short Pulse Timer" documentation states: "If output is
programmed with the 'use short pulse time' attribute the output will
activate for the duration of this timer. 001 to 255 * 100ms.

So I should be able to set my garage light to say on for 255*100ms = 25.5seconds. The idea is that the garage lights turn on automatically whenever anybody triggers the zone. Any normal moving around would continuously re-trigger the PIR and keep the lights on till I left. I have a keypad in the garage and used an optical isolator http://www.sunfounder.com/index.php?c=show&model=1 Channel Solid State Relay&id=30 to switch the mains. Works great but the lights are only on for perhaps a second.

This is an older premier with version 7.1 firmware.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, while this may end as the only option, it is so big I would need another box on the wall. But then I reckon the texecom panel should do it anyway.

Fag packet size should fit in the back of panel , the 816 not that popular in the UK , more of an export panel .

Sponsored Links
Having wasted a fair amount of time on this I am posting back the following:

The Texecom Premier manual is rather misleading, it describes some of the panel and keypad outputs as "switched -ve" which I had taken to mean open collector. However I was eventually told by their support phone line that the keypad outputs are in fact driven high and low. Which agrees with what the meter tells me (under no load). Driving the output to +12v or 0v makes it difficult to interface it other systems running at say 5v or 3.3v as well as being completely unsuitable for use with the TKC160.

The TKC 160 Versitile Timer [PT1*60] is IMHO a rather odd device and is anything but versatile. It has an on-board regulator which takes the supplied voltage down to 5v. The "sense" pin is arranged to float mid rail between this internal supply voltage ie. around 2.5v. Taking the sense high OR low triggers the TKC160, you have to let it float to remove the trigger.

So there is no useful way the Texecom outputs can drive the TKC160 without ether purchasing or constructing another interface unit of some kind.

Really annoying, all this because the Texecom's "System Timers(30) Output Short Pulse Timer(05)" functionality does not appear to work as documented. However I have quite an early revision of the Texecom Premier 816 with non upgradable firmware. I would still be keen to know if this is working on later revisions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back