Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Smartcom user codes not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed today that when trying to set the alarm with a user code (as keys and prox ID tag were in the car) nothing happened. This is since setting up the Smartcom and having monitoring set up (albeit the free options). I read somewhere on another thread that if monitoring is on that you cannot arm the alarm with the code anymore.. is this correct?

The engineer code still works fine. Also I cannot seem to get an explanation for the 'User Locked by' options in Wintex, specifically:

Cst O/P 2.A-TAG
Cst O/P 2.B-CODE

For all users bar one (that is set as Master) the code is enabled.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
no idea not had a single customer have this issue and have a few.

codes, tags or via the app works fine in all instances.

you Say monitoring on, what do you mean free monitoring?

i would check user and keypad programming in the first instance

I just meant that I am on Texecom connect as I did a self install when getting the Smartcom running. It seems I have been a really dumb ass! Both my daughters and my own code were different to what I thought I were... this is why it wasn't working...!

I'm still very intrigued to know what those 'User Locked by' options mean.

Sponsored Links
simply the user is locked out on entry for the conditions assigned.

so police monitored systems you should use a tag on entry just in case you forget your code to stop false alarms.

so if you learn a tag to a user the system automatically disables the code on entry. But you could for example lock users out at certain times of the day or week. So if you want to use either code or tag on entry then you need to make sure the C isn't on in user locked by.

happens to the best of us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back