Texecom premier elite 64-w issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all and happy new year

It’s been a while since I installed one of these again due to change in company direction. But still prefer these alarms and the smartcom unit / app

Anyway onto the issue

Currently setting up a new system nothing to big
Premier Elite 64w
Smartcom
4 door contacts
4 PIR
external sounder
Internal sounder

Will be adding a garage door contact for an up and over at a later date will come back to this

Anyway the issue seems to be in the base setup
Got the unit rigged up on my test bench to configure prior to installing. Have duplicated customers SSID so the smartcom is doing what it should and I can see it in my portal. I have created user accounts but when I try to connect to the system I get “error panel has no areas”

Also when I try to connect via wintex I also get an error “connection with control panel could not be established - please check settings”

I have been through this 3 times and even factory reset Incase I messed up but still can’t get the darn thing to respond correctly.

Any suggestions before I use a hammer lol

Sponsored Links
set the text up for the areas

Use latest version of wintex
Put correct details in , ie panel udl, panel type and version

set the text up for the areas

Use latest version of wintex
Put correct details in , ie panel udl, panel type and version
Have set the text in areas A B C

Latest version of wintex downloaded and used as I couldn’t select version 6.0 in the panel setup on earlier version I had installed have set the idk password back to 1234 and can generate a new texecom connect code and still no luck

If I run it through the diagnostics using the active code generated everything works across the board on the portal….

No idea, if you can generate an app code and you select connect via smart come it should connect, asuming the device you are connecting on is connected to the internet

Sponsored Links
No idea, if you can generate an app code and you select connect via smart come it should connect, asuming the device you are connecting on is connected to the internet
How is it connect to the internet ( on bench test ) ?

Hi both that’s what I though I can access my installer portal and it allows me to test all setting which work as expected. And I get a successful test

It’s connected to a WiFi network that been added to our internal network just an extra SSID using customers credentials we have done this before a few years back with no issues and I can connect via wintex to our own alarm still so it’s not a firewall issue etc.

The only thing that got me stumped is the accessing via the app comes up with no panel detected which means no zones despite setting them.

I’m away doing door access system for next few days going to start again on Thursday with a clean slate wipe it all and go through slowly Incase I’m doing something silly I think but seems odd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back