Texecom Premier Elite not arming properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my alarm panel has been out of use for a year or so (building work being done) and now I am trying to start using it again. I have two Areas: A = Internal PIRs (and front door), B = Exterior doors. I have a single keypad.

When I try to arm the panel and exit, Area B (part) arms quite quickly, but Area A just refuses to arm. I have tried removing all but the front door zone but it won't arm I have watched the diagnostics for Area A, but none of the zones are active. The log file doesn't give any indication as to what is stopping it.

The only thing that has changed since it used to work is the addition of an expander, but all of these zones are on Area B, and disabling it does not help.

I have a com port so if someone is able to take a look I would be most grateful. Also happy to send the wintex file.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
When you say it refuses to arm what happens ? Does the exit tone go on and on and on .... if so is A set for final exit ( you have to open and close the exit door ) for it to set ...

Hi sparky, yes the exit tone just keeps going. Area A is set to Entry/Exit and I do indeed open the door, step outside and then close the front door.

Sponsored Links
I like the suggestion, but the diagnostics in Wintex show the zone activating/deactivating when I open and close the door.

I would check all the zones that are off in B or change the A setting to timed exit and see if it flags up a setting fault

if arming mode is entry exit, alarm panel needs to see door open and close for the area to set.

area B is on an instant arm?

Hi all, apologies for the delay, I was waiting for the house to be empty over the Christmas break to play around with it some more and then completely forgot about this!

Secure I AM:
Area A = Entry/Exit
Area B = Instant

I changed Area B to Timed Exit and it armed both areas once the front door was closed as it should! So I changed it back to Entry/Exit and it still worked!

So I have no idea why, but all of a sudden it has started working without changing anything else.

So, thank you very much for your help.
Kevin

hmmm.
Check the event log.
Try it again after you have checked after both areas are disarmed.
Check the arming modes for both Areas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back