texecom premier elite power terminals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting one of these with around 10 PIR's. If ive understood correctly, that's 10 cables to get into the 12v terminal. Can I use a lighting junction box for this or is there another recommended technique?

Sponsored Links
sorry, I don't understand your response. Can you please clarify.

You can use additional terminal blocks if you like, but you will have to daisy chain all of the terminals (picture is generic off the internet).

I get PCBs made to expand the power terminals as you can't fit 8 wires into a PCB terminal block once they have ferrules on them.

Attachments

• IMG_20130519_152112_223.jpg
    IMG_20130519_152112_223.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
wouldn't it be easier to use a junction box and place all of these wires into one of it's chunky terminals?

wouldn't it be easier to use a junction box and place all of these wires into one of it's chunky terminals?

Yeah it would... but you don’t have too, you should get 10 individual cores into each terminal. Strip them all back & twist tightly together then snip off the rough & you should be left with a single solid core as such which should fit nicely into the individual power terminal, do the same for the pos & neg. If you have a Elite 48 your get two sets of power terminals.

Make sure your not exceeding the max current output! You may need an additional power supply if not.

On a related note, I was planning to install a couple of PIR's and the keypad at the first instance as I've never programmed a Texecom Premier Elite System and once I've sussed it out, I can plug in the rest of it. Are there any flaws in this approach?
Welcome any other tips on offer.

where you planning on wiring in 10 pirs? sharing zones, if so what PIR's?

much better to have a ingle zone for a PIR.

I've got the Premier Elite and also purchased an expander module. I plan to have 1 device per zone and they are situated throughout the house. I've got Texecom PIR's

yes agreed sparkymarka.

I'm fitting one of these with around 10 PIR's. If ive understood correctly, that's 10 cables to get into the 12v terminal. Can I use a lighting junction box for this or is there another recommended technique?

suggests all are going to the same point and not 8 to the panel and 2 to the keypad. Don't even know what panel hes got so that could make things different again.....but hey ho.

Happy New Year to you all.

Hi Guys,

Having wired most of this now (with all the help I've received from this forum!), I was able to twist all the PIR cables together and insert into the power terminals. I also have the expander which has taken some of the power cables.

I have the Premier Elite 24. thanks again.

is everything pirs or do you have door contacts?

just the default arming mode is e/e, the entry exit door opens, closes and the exit settle time expires and the system sets. if you are using PIR's for your entry exit detectorthen you need to change your exit to timed exit.

I have PIR's, PA's and a smoke detector relay.
I haven't appreciated the significance of your comment? My PA's are working now that I've set an "Area" for these. I need to test the smokes relay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back