Texecom Premier Elite with Smart Com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Have been a lurker on this forum since I bought the premier elite alarm panel and have had some useful insights along with the texecom manuals.

I have managed to setup all the zones and areas on the alarm and have successfully fitted the sensors , panel (5.04.02 Version) and a smart com(03.01.01 Version). I also have the smart connect, wintex working as expected. The only pending installation is the external silencer as I am a little worried that I may be waking up my entire neighborhood during these trial and errors.

Most of the faults have disappeared except for the 'No ATS available' fault. Unfortunately I am out of options and not sure what else to check/change , also the missus is not impressed with the beep from the keypad every minute since this fault will not clear, hence the post in the forum.

I'll post my settings below as a reference:

Onboard Digi - Nothing Fitted
COM1 - SmartCom
COM2 - ComIP
COM3 - Nothing Fitted
Expansion - Nothing Fitted

ARC1 Protocol is Texecom Connect, 2/3/4/5 are Disabled.

In the Communicator Options in Wintex, I have the Enable Communicator and Dial all Numbers ticked and in the ARC section in the Communicator Options I have the below settings for ARC 1 while all other ARCs have the protocol Disabled.

ARC1 Options
Primary Telephone Number: 127.0.0.51
Dial Attempts: 9
Protocol: Texecom Connect
Protocol Options:
Connect via IP is ticked
Protocol 2 Options:
Use Comport 2 is ticked
Add Push Message is ticked
Log Acks is ticked

Setup IP Data, COM1 is set to no address while COM2 has been setup with a static address, port, subnet mask and a default gateway.

Another question for which I cannot find an answer is what exactly does an ATS perform ? Happy to post additional settings and/or snapshots from Wintex if required.

Sponsored Links
There is a certain degree of knowledge required to do things properly and why engineers with the basics go on manufacturer supplied training.

So the the up address isn't needed for the smart com to function as the panel accesses the cloud and ATS alarm transmission signalling is sent to a server if it fails to communicate you get an ATS fault.

Your programming determines if engineer is required to reset a fault, if the system shows time and date there is no current active fault.

If it shows system alerts then there are faults that haven't been cleared.

Reset the faults by in and out of engineering.

Any active faults will then display after a short time it will revert to system alerts

Thank you for the response.

I agree there is certain degree of knowledge required to do things but this forum is specifically for diy type tasks hence the question on this forum.

I have managed to clear the alarm by resetting the comport and then power off/on cycle for the control panel. The system has been without the ats fault for couple of days now so it seems the power cycle did the trick.

My internet connection and router setup is pretty stable so i do not think it has anything to do with the fault i was seeing.

Thank

it is hard to say for certain but ATS is alarm transmission signalling, there are several reason why it can fail. the knowledge would have made that clear and to check your communication devices.

Unfortunately the Off and On approach often resolves issues that you re unable to clear and you my not see the fult again for some time.

I would hazard a guess that the panel was no longer had the ATS fault and it was ghosting, ie displaying as you logged out of engineering, this occurs sometimes during setup of a communication device as it tries to send signal out when its not fully ready.

Sponsored Links
I had a packet capture running back then and i could see the session established with the texecom server when it was showing the fault.

Anyways thanks for responding.

without seeing the entire log and running it side by side impossible to say, in the panels event log you would need to look at when the ATS issues were first reported.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back