Texecom Premier WINTEX Questions

Sponsored Links
if he left the magnet behind is the magnet not fitted?

the unit is in two half the reed being one and the magnet being the other.

Am I being thick here but if it's set to double knock someone opening the door wouldn't trigger the alarm would they? I thought that double knock meant the sensor had to be tripped twice - so on a door contact you would need to open the door then close it and open it again for it to trigger????

Yes and no .... Depends on the panel some will activate if it's open for a set time
It did make me laugh when I saw it

Sponsored Links
the premier 1 continuous activation for the double knock time or 2 activations within that time frame.

so whilst it may not give false alarms, it may not register you entering the building either if the above criteria isn't met its not a good idea long term short term it may stop the false alarms.

get it fixed properly is always the best way.

You don't connect your Entry/Exit or any other door to double knock either, it's designed for movement detectors, NOT door contacts.

'course it does, I was commenting on the use of Double Knock, @ #18

PVC doors can have a substantial gap. Those cheapy looking contacts may not like the distance or the metal subframe in the door.

I've got door contacts on three pvc doors in my house never had an activation from them (watch the alarm go off tonight at 3am).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back