Texecom Premier WINTEX Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice please:

When on full arm you hear the exit and entry tones. How can i set this for part arm? The kids sometimes go down at night and forget the alarm is active and the first they work out the alarm was on is when the siren goes off and woken the neighbors..

On PIR's I understand that they should be set to double pole/eol- - no idea why but they are currently on 2k2/4k7(6k8) and seems to work, is this ok?

I have one door that started activating alarm approx once a night but this happens after many hours eg 5am this morning. Seems something wrong with contact. In interim is it ok if I set it for double knock? Will that help? Is this commom for contacts to wear out? It is PVC door.

One of my keypads turns alarm off when I enter user code, the other asks for confrmation. Where do I change this setting?

I have ComWifi setup for notification and am continuously getting ATS Path Fault errors. Was working fine and would happen approx once a month for last 6 months, but since 3/4 weeks ago it is happening all the time.

Is there anything I can try?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
not sure where your coming from would need to look at programing and event log.

Part set silent in area options would make it arm silently, but the entry would start if you walked past a zone that was e/e in part set,, several ways to achieve this.

1. a zone in full set that's entry exit with no change in part set.
2. guard access zone (usually in the hallway), enter the front door, entry tones start, the detector picks up and does nothing. In part set however you come down the stairs into the hallway activate the detector and it would start the entry tones if system part set of full alarm if full set.

resistors should correspond to those being used, 2k2 eol and 4k7 alarm is double pole/ eol setting for wiring type.

ats faults means its failing, that could be due to wireless signal issues, or the signal not getting to the Texecom server for another reason. Texecom are looking at addressing some of the possible issues that maybe there end.

Thanks. I have just had a better look at the contacts at the door causing the alarm and it seems like a real butcher job in comparison to other contacts (same installer). The contact has been attached to the door with a screw and it has cracked because there is was screwed into an uneven spot. Can I assume that is this what is causing the alarm to go off?
24022016063.jpg

need to look at the event log to determine if double knock would work.

Personally if the zone appears to be a problem I would switch it off until its repaired.

Sponsored Links
Installer actually left one of those connecters when he left. Are they easy to install?

need to look at the event log to determine if double knock would work.

Personally if the zone appears to be a problem I would switch it off until its repaired.
Should i post event log here?

That zone covers the two back doors so would rather not deactivate.

0039 05:17:35 24/02/2016 Alarm . . Zone 004 Guard Alarm - KITCHEN DOOR
0040 05:17:36 24/02/2016 Not Reported . B Bell Active
0041 05:21:20 24/02/2016 Restore . . Zone 004 Guard Restore - KITCHEN DOOR
0042 05:28:49 24/02/2016 Not Reported A B System Access by User 01
0043 05:28:49 24/02/2016 Open A B Area(s) DISARMED
0044 05:28:52 24/02/2016 Not Reported A B System Access by User 01

As far as I know out of business and ignoring my calls!

Is it skilled job to replace the contact?

Does the log show anything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back