Texecom reset after a few seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

A little mystery... not sure what's going on here.

Premier 48 panel and Part Armed overnight

When disarming system in the morning I saw that a zone had been active overnight on the keypad. The logs:

20160721 utlility pir.JPG

So what exactly does this mean? I can't remember hearing the internal or external sounders, but I may not have noticed if it's just for a few seconds.

Also why did it just restore it a few seconds later?

I have bell/sounders on confirmed alarm checked, but after contacting Texecom a few months ago on another issue they said that function only applies to a Full Set not Part anyway.

So by my understanding if this PIR was triggered, it should have set the alarm off and left it on?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
its telling that the utility sensor was activated and like all activations when the system is set it triggers an alarm condition, a few seconds later the device will restore, and reactivate if something activates it again.

as for bells if you have bells on confirmed and sounder on confirmed you wont hear anything unless another zone was activated with the confirmed timer.

if it had gone into bell active, then your external siren would have sounded.

OK cool thanks, that makes sense

Texecom said options 26 and 27 only apply to full set, but what happened here is as you say contradictory to that - which is what had me a bit confused!

Don't know who you spoke to at Texecom.

Texecom would be refering to that a part set as in 1 2 or 3 then the bell on confirmed doesn't work and will fire on 1st alarm I suspect, but to be honest never tested it but can see from what you had previously it was part set last time.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's because it's not part set ! You are using area "B" instead of part 1,2,3 omit ... B will be classed as a full set

you can still have a system part set 1,2 or 3 over areas A, B etc etc.

so is it part set (evening arm, bedtime1 or bedtime 2) or just area set (not all areas that are on the system, therefore it would say part armed, full armed areas AB..?), as they are not the same, but since when does 1 zone = confirmed?

confusing I know that all areas set available = full armed

one or more areas of all the areas available armed = those areas are full armed but the system is part armed (not all areas armed)

part arm 1 2 or 3 can be over all areas and be evening arm, bedtime 1 or bedtime 2 or whatever you have called them.

to make it even more confusing you can full arm an area and part arm another.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back