Texecom Ricochet install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to self install a Texecom Ricochet system and have a few questions. What do you think of the below components?

1x Texecom premier24 metal 8 zone CAA-0004
1x Elite keypad DBD-0129
1x Wireless 8 zone expander GCD-0001
2x Wireless door contacts GBC-0001
4x Wireless PIR GBA-0001
1x Sounder & strobe FCC-0843
1x 7aH 12v back-up battery
2x Smart keyfob GCC-0001

What cable would I need to connect the sounder, keypad and expander to the control panel? Is the 7aH a suitable capacity for the back-up battery? Can you suggest a supplier. I've only looked at efireandsecuirty so far.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, looks like a good enough shopping list.
you will need 6 core for the keypad to the control panel.
7AH should be completely fine for the install.
for suppliers look at security warehouse.co.uk, they are pretty good and should have everything you need.

Sponsored Links
I hadn't had an answer at that point and this seemed a friendlier site =) I'm going to go with the 32 expander now anyway.

I've been told I'll need a 32 wireless expander. Is that true?
Why ask a question on a 'pro' site, get the answer, then ask the same thing on a DiY site?

Maybe he thinks the "pros" are not with it!

Now he knows we ( some who want to assist) are on both, or more sites. And we do get bored repeating ourselves with the information asked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back