Texecom Ricochet Tamper Alert On Low Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a few ricochet motion and window sensors and have noticed when the battery is a low it causes a tamper alert. The Wintex software shows the battery is fine with a green bar but the tamper bar is orange. I am pretty sure the issue is low battery as it resets as soon as a new battery is used.

Is this normal? Is there a configuration issue? Would prefer to be notified on low battery instead of the alarm going off in the middle of the night!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is possible that the sensor isn't reporting the correct thing.

Believe it has been documented elsewhere but cant remember where I have seen it, it involved a small number of sensors with a certain week of manufacture from memory. You may want to contact Texecom or post on their forum for more specific information.

Yes I have disabled all of my richochet impact sensors. They all have this issue that the battery is green but the sensor tamper repeatedly.

Texecom would do nothing to help.

@bsr cant comment on what support has been offered to / given end user or installer.

For example as good practice we would replace batteries routinely at two years old or soon there after so a low battery is unlikely occurrence.

Also can not comment on if the units have been installed as there manual recommends.

As for the issue I believe it has been addressed and it affected only certain date codes but I am unable to confirm the date codes as cant find where it was reported initially., I know we don't have many units with this issue, although as we routinely replace batteries at 2 years its possible the problem hasn't surfaced.

If you believe the device to be faulty and it is under the two year warranty then certainly you should contact your supplier to get the items replaced. There are laws governing your rights and you need to consult with CAB for the latest guidance, especially if the item is outside warranty on anything you have bought.

Sponsored Links
Texecom have finally announced a recall on the affected sensors. Its not clear how to get an exchange if you don't have an account with a distributor.

I have been in contact with Texecom and they told me to return them to the supplier for replacements. They gave me some form of reference number. I am in contact with the supplier now, so hopefully this will be resolved soon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back